Bedding for the Amby?

bky

:(
Reaction score
Just wondering what Amby users use for bedding. Do you use the actual sheets, did you make your own sheets, do you put a muslin/recieving blanket/flannel down under the baby, do you just give the hammock a wash if/when it needs it...?
Not sure I'll be able to find the sheets in store here (well I could order them from Australia I suppose), so I was thinking of making my own. I saw a few pictures on the Amby website where people had just put a receiving blanket/flannel under the baby, and others where there was nothing (other than a swaddled baby or a support for smaller babies).

I got a pack of 2 sheets on Ebay - not sure if that's an option for you down there? (Is there an Ebay NZ? I've never looked, though I've bought things from Ebay Australia before!)

Back on topic, I use the sheets, then I have a blanket that I put over the top (securely tucked under the mattress at both sides). The sheets are to try and protect the mattress in case of sickyness, the blanket is because it's warmer than the sheets, and my baby hates a cold bed :blush:

It's maybe worth checking your local pram centres and the like, you might be surprised at what they have? Especially as the Amby originated so close to you (geographically speaking!).

The mattress does have a cover, and it's not *that* difficult to wash the whole thing. A sheet is obviously easier to wash though :)

Yeah they sell the actual Amby in baby shops here, but not sheets as far as I've been able to find. I find I don't have store access to things because I'm not in or near 'the' city (though second largest one!). We don't have eBay other than eBay Aus, and of course I could order from Amby direct in Aus. We do have a local equivalent, but no sheets for sale on there. :( I'm kind of dragging my feet at paying $30ish for 2 sheets (not including shipping from Aus) so I may make some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->