Bedtime grumpiness followed by the guilts

Spudtastic

Reaction score
I don't get grumpy often but bedtimes can (not always) drive me crazy.
Tonight it drove me crazy. It starts with dd1 having a tantrum because she doesn't want to clean her teeth. I can cope with this but it's when she hurts dd2 on purpose I get grumpy. Then bed time can take 2 hours.
Then when my little cherubs are finally asleep I feel so guilty for being a grumpy mum. Hmmmph.

Oops I meant to post this in the preschool section. I guess it still counts here as I put my 3yo to bed at the same time as my 10 month old.

This is me most nights! The delaying tactics ds does drive me mad. Many nights I end up telling him off then feel terrible once he's asleep. But to be fair often he only goes to sleep once I've put my foot down

Those delaying tactics get me too. If I'm honest I also look forward to the time i get to myself when the little ones are in bed so I also get frustrated if they don't want to sleep.
However tonight my washing machine flooded the garage. Adulting is feeling hard today.

Not sure if it's the solution for you but it used to take 1.5-2hr to get my lo to sleep. She'd mess about, throw her dummy away talk to us etc .., and cutting out her nap was the solution. We had a few weeks where she was grumpy at 4pm but had since adjusted and now sleeps past 7am rather than before 6. She's normally asleep 10 min after lights out.

She has naps on odd days and big outings.

I feel your pain for the grumpy guilt, I remember her saying once 'no bed mummy go bed' and saying 'if only!' Back

Yep this is me! So grumpy but once he's in bed so guilty!

Not sure if it's the solution for you but it used to take 1.5-2hr to get my lo to sleep. She'd mess about, throw her dummy away talk to us etc .., and cutting out her nap was the solution. We had a few weeks where she was grumpy at 4pm but had since adjusted and now sleeps past 7am rather than before 6. She's normally asleep 10 min after lights out.

She has naps on odd days and big outings.

I feel your pain for the grumpy guilt, I remember her saying once 'no bed mummy go bed' and saying 'if only!' Back

Aw thanks but my 3yo gave up naps at 2 years. She has never liked sleep at all.

Guilty here too. I feel like I have to beg my son to change, brush his teeth, choose a story. Plus I have a newborn to deal with too. I like it incense he is in bed and we are hugging over a story. Until then I feel like a complete nag!

Mornings are the same too :)

I get so mad with my son in the evening. My husband works nights so I have to deal with trying to get my son to bed and look after the baby. I feel awful that I have to keep telling him off but he just doesn't listen at all. I'm finding 4 years the hardest age of all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->