Bedtime sleep awakenings?

KarenLV

Reaction score
I place Skyler down for his bedtime sleep at 6pm.He wakes every 45 minutes until I come to bed at around 10pm,then only does he sleep continuously.He would also wake around 2am and 5am.I just lightly rythmically tap him on the bum and he falls back asleep.
My question is,does your baby sleep continuously after you placed him down for his bedtime sleep?

Sadly not! See my earlier post for other replies ;)

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/82577-early-evening-sleep-help.html

I think anything from 6-8 pm is a tad early to put LO's one to bed when there so young , max is now started to go to bed at 9 pm and hes 7 months old ..before that is was anywhere from 11-12 at night ..If not he'd be up every 45 min thinking it was only napping time

All the baby books says between 6pm-7pm is ideal for babies....

personallly i think all babies differ but my Holly goes down at 8-8.30pm and normally sleeps through till 7am. She has been doing this for about 2-3 weeks now.

Occassionally she wakes at 5am but falls back to sleep when given her dummy.

However my youngest brother from 4 months went down at 6pm and slept till 10am the next day.

All babies are different and your best not to force a bedtime at first and see when your LO is ready - he will let you know but i would suggest a routine like bath 7pm bottle 7.30pm bed 8-8.30pm.

Good luck

I think I might try a later sleeping time....

Do you have a bedtime routine?

As well as a routine you could try playing some calm music with strings at bed time so your LO starts to learn that its bedtime.

Yes.Same routine from day1. Bath,massage,dress,lullaby music,breastfeed,then he is sound asleep.He just wakes every 45 minutes.Usually when dr.Phil or Oprah starts! I love those shows!lol!

I love when i started a routine for my son , 7pm was bath time and he got a baby massage with lavander oil at 8:30 and then his bottle around 9:30pm then off to bed ..

Once he is closer to 1 years old then his time will be around 7-8pm

Me too! I think tonight we might just let her stay up until we go to bed. It is Friday night after all ;)

Jasmine still doesnt go to bed till 9 or 10, I think a baby thats 6 months could go at 8 depending on if they are sleeping well or not. You should put him to bed closer to when you go. Jasmine only wakes once for a feed bettween 9-10pm-6-7am.

She is in her own room and crib though.

What do your LOs do between 6ish and bedtime?

Karen, not sure how you're getting on but Poppy has had a little nap downstairs with us and is now screaming non stop. Only way to soothe her is to keep putting her on my boob but that can't be right???

Jasmine is awake, she plays on her playmat (well watches it and bats the hanging things lol) while I make/have dinner... Then she gets a bath or massage and she just stays awake until she gets super drowsy looking and then we change and feed her and put her to bed.

Jasmine is awake, she plays on her playmat (well watches it and bats the hanging things lol) while I make/have dinner... Then she gets a bath or massage and she just stays awake until she gets super drowsy looking and then we change and feed her and put her to bed.

Thanks Ryder. Does Jasmine stay upstairs after her bathtime then or do you bring her back downstairs?

Skyler is not the type to be left alone to play by himself.He always wants someone around him otherwise he cries,so I dont want to put him later to bed as I need a break too.Even if it is in short bursts. My husband is almost never home due to his job.I have to do most of the parenting. Last night I tilted his head with a pillow as I thought he was waking up because of his reflux returning.Maybe the gastric acid was hurting him.He managed to sleep continuously after being propped up higher with a pillow,so I think that might of been the problem.Hope so....Will try this for a few nights and see if it was not just a one night miracle.

Addison goes to bed at 8 pm, and doesn't wake until 8 am

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->