• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Been admitted possible pre emclampsia

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
Went in for my CTG monitoring inbetween growth scans and get told I’ve got high blood pressure and protein in my urine and I was actually going to mention if the swelling in my ankles/feet were normal and yep possible pre emclampsia. Had a blood test and they were like we’re admitting you. This could just be over night, or they may say okay baby is gonna have to come. I’ve no idea! Waiting for the doctor, been waiting a while now to be honest. Just want to know a plan. Really wasn’t expecting this today so I’m getting rather anxious now! Was meant to be a routine CTG invetween growth scans!!

I was wondering how you were getting on after your last post as well. Hopefully you see a Dr soon and get an idea of what they are thinking xx

Hope you are doing good your not to far from term to be induced hopefully you can cook LO longer . I would be scared to have pre e with all the other stuff going on in my pregnancy . :hugs:

Good luck. I went 9 days over when they discovered I had pre eclampsia. I remember being went to the hospital to be checked over as the midwife had come to my house, I was expecting them to say come in on the Monday I was booked in for (in four days time) but they said as you are overdue and babies fully cooked we are going to keep you in and start you off. It was abit of a shock expecting to go back home to you won't be leaving without your baby. I look back now and these scary shocking moments you are experiencing are now happy memories. It was the beginning of my journey to finally being a mum. Try not to worry. Get lots of rest. My induction kicked in within 90 minutes and my daughter was born 6.5 hours later. Wishing you all the best. Just remember even if you went into labour naturally in two weeks time you still wouldn't know when it was going to to happen. You've got this. Xxx

I had preeclampsia with my first. I think back then they would just admit you regardless of severity but these days if they can monitor you closely at home they will. I was put on blood pressure medication and monitored frequently in hospital, but this was two days before DS1s due date, and he arrived on his due date. BP went back to normal quite fast after delivery, I was home about two days after he arrived I think.
I hope you’re ok, try not to worry too much as stress will keep it elevated! :hugs:

Definitely staying in until baby is born! Going to be starting the induction later! I’m 37 weeks today so they’d rather him out than in and that explains why he’s a little behind on growth.

Blood pressure went higher and got brought back down with some tablets but crept a bit back up but not super super high.

I think it’s just like okay my bag is ready but there was a couple of bits I wanted to double check etc yknow what I mean? I expected to do some work after my appointment so I could be up to date but now I have to put it off until baby is here, I didn’t fancy a backlog of orders. I’d ask my partner but he’s been stressed out and I’d rather not put him through any more stress after the last 24 hours! It would have been nice knowing I was up to date on work but oh well! I’ve sent out some emails while im sat here this afternoon doing nothing!

Eeee I am absolutely crapping myself to be honest! I think it’s worse because I know what’s coming?!

Keeping you in my thoughts for a smooth delivery! Baby is in good hands :) don't worry about the work items - you get your sweet baby boy!!

Good luck with your induction! I’m sure it will all go smoothly

How are you doing, BrightEyes? Thinking of you and your baby boy.

Hello!
He’s here!
It’s been a crazy week! I was induced and had contractions over the night and they were quite close together, pretty intense but I managed to breathe through them! They were a little irregular at times! I’d have a few milder ones super super close together or a big one with a bigger break inbetween! But even then the biggest break between was maybe 5 minutes apart.

His heart rate dipped on all bigger contractions so they kept a closer eye on the monitoring.

I was then checked in the morning and was quite hopeful that I had made half decent progress, it had started to get a little more painful and not something I could easily breathe through and was told I was only 1-2cm so I’d gotten quite upset.

My partner was already on the way to the hospital I was going to tell him to head up if they were planning to break my waters. He left about 9.30am from home to get there and arrived 15 mins later. By the time he had arrived I’d had a few BAD contractions. They had gone from just bearable to excruciating immediately after the examination/she had done a sweep too. I was in tears when he came in and convinced I’d have to have a c section because babies heart rate dropped to like 50-60 every time with these ones.

Midwife got someone to look at the monitor and they were talking about putting a mionitor on babies head for heart rate. But I was begging for something better on pain relief! They saw how bad my reactions to the contractions were (don’t think they quite believed they’d gotten so painful so fast) and saw how low the heart rate dipping and offered me gas and air pretty much straight away and said they were going to check me again! So in fifteen mins I’d gone to 4-5cm but the doctor said I was very soft and stretchy so baby would be here very soon. A new midwife had come in to take over, no time for monitor on babies head to go on, a couple of contractions later and my body was trying to push by itself so they had a quick look and they said to try a little push, and could already see his head come down! I think it was possibly about four pushes later (I mostly didn’t do anything, when I tried to push they told me to do a smaller push so I didn’t tear badly!) he was out.

To say it was a total shock of a labour is an under statement! I went from being so upset to only being 1-2cm dilated to baby arriving within an hour! If my partner had waited for me to say when to come up (he had our son) then he could have missed everything!

Oh and my waters had trickled out with the last few contractions but most of the waters were stuck behind him and the midwife who had taken over delivery had been in the room for three whole minutes had gotten a right good splash, luckily it missed my partner (he’s squeamish haha)

Baby was 4 pound 10 and a lot smaller than they estimated a couple of weeks ago (I was expecting him to be closer to 6 pounds by now)

He breastfed really well straight away and had to be kept in overnight for blood sugar tests and to ensure he could maintain his temperature, but got home the next day!

He’s my little tiny munchkin!

Congrats Brightxeyes what a crazy ride it sounds like you went through glad he arrived safe .

Congratulations! Glad to hear baby is safe and well :hugs:

Aw, what a rollercoaster! Huge congratulations :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"