been given anti depressants today

eulmh82

Reaction score
My Lo is one year old and it;s been going back to work that has tipped me over the edge. I';ve been given Citalopram but looking online there is awful side effects and I'm really worried about it. I have signed up for counselling as well but the doc said there is a wait so gave me anti ds to help first. I dont want to fell worse

I was on Citalopram, don't worry! don't listen to what people on the internet say about side affects. There's really few common side affects and the rest are rare. I was on Citalopram for severe depression for 8 months, and I'm off them now and my depression really seems to have totally gone. I've been feeling amazing. I didn't really have any side affects on them besides in the first couple of days it made me feel really high when it was kicking in, and then for a week I was quite sleepy. Otherwise I had nothing and just felt all the benefits. I was really nervous about taking them, I don't like taking medication at all, even paracetamol! but I'm glad I did and wish I'd got them sooner now. Everyone reacts different, but I've known a lot of people say good things about Citalopram x

I was on this a few years back.
DO NOT drink when on them!
I did and blacked out after a glass of wine, scary stuff.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14