Been made to feel like the worse mam in the world. :-(

gemlou86

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Apologies in advance this might end up long.

Anyway, I am not getting along with my parents. My lb came home from hospital and 4 days later they threatened us with solicitor action to gain unsupervised access because they no longer like my oh, to a baby on oxygen and just came home, first time parents and 99 days in hospital born at 25+5, So not feeling their supportive in fact never have been.

My main issue is my lb staying out over night, at the moment I don't wish for him to leave us over night. The other night my mother turned round and said " we expected to have baby over night by now, like our uncle does with his grandson" right here is the issue, when I was pregnant they promised to quit smoking, think mam might have but know my bro and dad have not, my lb has lungs that still need to develop to his age, they have dogs that are so noisy and he wakes at anything also they live 45 mins away and I have 0 trust after what they tretened when we came home oh yes and another thing they only come to see him once a month, last time they came in my home he started histerically crying, never changed a nappie and never fed him don't even know his routine.

My lb has his grandmother oh mam who has babysat for us once while at a wedding and looked afte him while we went to a development meeting, I would trust his to stay there and at his god parents but they both only live within 5 min drive.

Really sorry for the long post, my parents just have me feeling awful had me I tears the other night and I don't feel they want a relationship with me and my oh just my lb but they just don't seem bothered only to have him to themselves, which is nit going to happen. I've never stopped them coming to see him.

Just needed to vent, sorry for the rant.

Sorry you are having problems with your parents. I don't believe grandparents have any rights in UK law so going to a solicitor won't achieve anything but unfortunately this doesn't affect the emotional aspect.

My mum & sisters are both smokers. When visiting them or them coming to visit me (they live in NI and I am in Scotland) they are not allowed the smoke in the house including their own and I make them have smoking clothes which they change into. They still do this 2 1/2 years later. It wasn't negotiatable they either done it or didn't see her.

I didn't leave my lo overnight with anyone apart from her dad until she was about 18 months. Even now I only leave her with my inlaws because they live closer and see her more often so she is happy to be with them. I have never left her with my mum because she doesn't see her as much so I would be too worried that she would get upset and then no point being away.

I hope your family become more supportive to you but at the end of the day your baby, your rules and they will have to accept that.

Good luck

Thank you, your comment really helps. Lb is almost a year now but things just keep getting worse. Just enjoying my time with my little man as time goes far to fast to worry about them 24/7.

I do love the smoking clothes idea :) xx

My daughter is 21 months and I have never let her stay anywhere else. She was born at 23+6, came home on oxygen etc. she has been in my in-laws house TWICE, as they both smoke in the house. They moan about it all the time, but I couldnt give two hoots. I am not ready to be separated from Anya yet. I only ever leave her with my husband for about 8 hours maximum.

No one has any right to question your motherly instincts when they have really no idea what you have been through. Xx

My LO is nearly 3 and has still never stayed out overnight yet, I don't intend to for a while and trust my ILs and parents.

It sounds a stressful situation to be in :hugs:

Abby was nearly 3 before she had an overnight. Do it when you are ready and not when everyone else thinks you should.

You're being an excellent mum by making sure your LO is being taken care of properly. They're not being good parents - or grandparents. I'd be telling them straight, there's no chance.

my 4yr old has not been left overnight any where. I get along great with my parents, they dont smoke and I know he would be well taken care of. I just dont leave him over night with anyone. Have only had him babysat twice by them. And have never left him with anyone else. My choice and what I feel is right for my young children. And I dont feel bad about it.
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->