been to the doctors.....

mintypeas

mother of 3 babies!!!
Reaction score
well ladies been to the doctors. she is going to do bloods to see what is going on and just told me not to stress about the lack of af. after the results we will see what happens and then she will refer me to a gynocologist. so not great news but at least they are doing something. just more waiting!! i did ask if i could take anything but apparently they wont do anything until its 8 months. only reason she is helping me now is because of my age. x sylvia x

I would push for the gynae - 8 mths seems excessive to be left with amenorrhea explained or otherwise regardless of age!!!

At least you got the ball rolling!!

hx

Sorry your stuck waiting hun, but at least they took blood and didn't tell you that there isn't ANYTHING they can do yet. Your one step closer.

the doctor told me they would not investigate til a year of trying!! and only bloods after 8 months i dont think this is normal. only reason she doing it now is because of age!! but at least ball rolling. checking for thyroid problems which can cause problems with af. i just want to go to the toilet and see blood!!! 12 weeks on thurs this is mental!! x sylvia x

Hi Sylv, glad you got on reasonably okay at the docs...I agree with HB1 though that 8 months is a bit excessive! A friend of mine has been waiting just over 8 wks for her AF after losing her baby and she saw a really helpful doc last week who said she'd sneak a fertility test through and if necessary would recommend clomid.
Still, at least you've started the ball rolling and you never know, it may ease your mind a little which might help with the late AF.
Zoe xx
Ps. re our chat about the spotting...the full monty arrived this morning! Fingers crossed it means I'm back on track but I'll double-check tomo when I see the doctor.

Obviously the dr is talking about testing for infertility - the rcog advises investigations for infertility is 1 year, 6 mths for those over 35.

I don't think amenorrhea necessarily comes under this though and should be investigated when it happens - no period for 3 months seems to be the guide for this.

https://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/women/reproductive/menstrual/885.html#

https://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/generalhealth/womenshealth/missedperiods

hx

yes yes i thought 6 months for your age too, and my dr was fine with that when i pretended id been trying for 6 months (i had only been trying 2 but the cut off for IVF is 39 and im 39 this year)

hope the witch arrives very soon sylv, must be very frustrating.

hello natopmt quick question for you. saw another 1 of your posts about baby aspririn i bought some and not used it but seeing your post do you think its worth me taking to see my friend the witch? x sylv x

Hi MintySylv

I dont know petal, i really dont, what i posted was just a hunch and also, the low dose aspirin didnt change my hormones, i think if it did do anything, it would have just made there be more lining to shed when my hormones told it to shed, rather than prompting it to shed

I did see someone post before asking if they should take the morning after pill to bring on af, i have never heard of that, but can google after ive had me tea

Im sorry youre still in this place sylv

your a darling that would be lovely i never thought about morning after pill. that would be great if you could do that for me at this time its hard to get near laptop as the kids are doing their school work so have to sneak on every so often. thanks honey and will check when i get a chance x sylv x

right, Ive finished me tea now.

theres people who say it does, ie anecdotal evidence:

https://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_no...k_the_morning_after_pill_a_couple_of_days_ago

but also saying it might cause you to be irregular for the next cycle (but then i read on plannedpregnancy.com this only happens if you take the MAP regularly)

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070727192336AAsaQBo

and netdoctor says:

Your next period may come early or late. If it doesn't arrive within a couple of days of the expected time, see a doctor.

In short minty, i cant find much to suggest its a good idea, it might work, but then it might cause you probs and you dont want that. I tried to work out what the hormone in levonelle does to see if i could work out whether it would help, but it was too complicated

I then googled if you can start your period and found a few forums suggesting parsley tea, apparently 3 or 4 cups a day can start it up or ginger seems pretty popular.

this is quite interesting:

https://www.sisterzeus.com/delayedmen.htm

The baby aspirin might help blood flow to the uterus so is worth a shot too, but be careful what you take it with as herbs and medications interact (aspirin is from willowbark)

thanks honey your a star. i will look at the websites you suggest tomorrow and see what is best. that was really sweet of you to do that for me honey xsylv x

One of the recongnised treatments for amenhorea is the contraceptive pill - might be worth asking dr about that - obviousley not good for ttc but if you are having no cycles at the mo nor is that.....

well ladies i have looked at stuff that natopmt looked up for me and think i will give parsley tea a go and see what happens so will let you know what happens
x sylv x

Good luck with the tea minty - I really hope it helps x

thanks honey really hope this will get things started!! x sylv x

Good luck mintysylv, let us know how you get on with it

will do honey have made the tea just letting it cool down but it stinks!!! lol
but past caring i need to do something!!
x sylv x

if it smells bad, it MUST be good for you

down in one minty, down in one

funny you say down it in one cause my name mintypeas was the signature drink in my pub!! so i can definately down it in one honey!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->