Beginning Weaning - Which Meal?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Im going to start weaning Brooke in the next couple of weeks to try and help keep this damn reflux at bay. Well i say weaning, mainly i mean just a bit of baby rice/porridge for a while. Im in no huge rush to get her onto solids, just something to help ease her reflux.

What meal of the day did you start with? Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner?

And what did you find seems to work best?

we started with breakfast so I could make sure she had no allergies, plus it is her happiest time of the day, but quickly moved to dinner. I think Ryder feeds Jasmine in the evenings though...would make sense since they go to bed and lie on their backs which probably makes the reflux worse

I also started with breakfast since this is when she is usually most hungry and becasause od allergies. Though Lola does not have reflux so maybe best to get advice from someone eho's been there. xxx

We started with lunch which worked well for us (we're not really morning people anyway so by the time he'd had his first milk feed, waited a bit and then given him breakfast it would have been close to lunch time anyway :lol:). And there was still enough time in the afternoon to check if he had any sort of reaction to whatever he was eating x

Dietition recommended i feed jacob about 6ish with baby rice- as you know he has bad reflux. But inbetween bottle so he wasnt too full as the milk would just come straight back out. So he would have a bottle about 5 then rice 1.5hrs later then his last bottle about an hr later then bed :)

Even now when i feed him meals its between bottles. So when we first get up in the morning he has breakfast and juice then 1.5hrs later he has a bottle then he has lunch then 1.5hr later a bottle etc etc :) XxxX

We started with mornings - between her first and second feeds so she was ready to eat but not starving.
Ema told me that porridge is a bit harder to digest than rice for a first food so we started with rice but I'm going to try porridge soon I think - Plum do a porridge from 4 months though. :)

hi, giving elliot solids didnt help his reflux, the milk would still come up!!

be prepared for that, my gp insisted weaning would help but it didnt. but each baby is different.

keely.

hi, giving elliot solids didnt help his reflux, the milk would still come up!!

be prepared for that, my gp insisted weaning would help but it didnt. but each baby is different.

keely.

it didnt help colton either. And now that his "esphagus has matured" he keeps down milk but brings food up all the time! :sick:
We started Colton in the evenings. I would say 4-5pm. :D

Ya, we started with evenings... around 6... And then she gets a dreamfeed at 10. She slept sooo much better once we started this, I think the rice cereal helps with the reflux at night because it is more heavy in their tummy etc.

I would say around lunchtime, Amelia can be fussy in the mornings sometimes she eats loads and other days not, so lunchtimes seemed to be best.

Also as mentioned above to check for any allergies and reactions etc, especially if they are sick you can keep a close eye on them.

Once Amelia was taking her solids well, we switched to dinner time.

we started at lunch time, as, like lynn and sam we're not morning people either lol! we started with baby rice as well, the Hipp foods are great imo. though maddi never had reflux so not sure if i'm much help. we did rice for quite a few weeks, and a new food, one at a time, for a few days, to test her allergies/reaction, we take it really slowly, even now, as maddi is really sick with potato. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->