Being Induced TOMORROW - stories?

Indi Ocean

Reaction score
Can not believe how the days have just melted away to the big day tomorrow! Ftm - slightly nervous about labour and such a huge changing life event..but trying to channel more of the excitement of this new chapter in life and meeting my beautiful baby girl :cloud9:

I have to be induced tomorrow so I'd love to hear any positive inducing stories to prepare me for the big day!

I was induced twice. Both were overall positive, both vaginal deliveries. Yes I had some painful complication, baby was stuck the wrong way, then after the dr reached up and moved the baby she was born sunny side up....Yes, they were long processes ( but that's just bc of my circumstances, I had no contractions, no dilation nothing going on at over 41 weeks so we really had to start from scratch). So really the tough parts of my births were just based on my personal situation. Overall induction worked fine for me.
Anyhow, just wanted to wish you the best of luck. Hope each phase goes smoothly and in the end, you'll have that little baby here soon!

No stories, but just wanted to say best of luck and enjoy ! Birth is the most difficult, yet indescribably amazing event !

Julesillini8- Sounds like your tummy makes a good home, your bubies don't want to leave! Thanks for sharing your experiences. Last week I was 2cm dilated and 50% effaced, so hoping it's gotten a bit better since then. As you say, it must be hard for ones body to start from scratch!

SAmummy- Thank you so much for your well wishes. Nothing like some positive reinforcement! :)

Best of luck for the remainder of both your pregnancies!!

No experience as I'm also a FTM, but my sisters both had inductions, one with all 3 of her kids and all went well and didn't last all that long either (I'd say the longest she was in labor was 6 hours). She didn't have an epideral either, was able to make it through without. The other was induced with her second and was in labor for 4 hours after induction. She did have an epideral though as she's not one for pain.

Good luck tomorrow and on meeting your little peanut finally! Hope everything goes smooth for you.

I was induced with my daughter. Went in at night and they put in the tablet. Broke my waters in the morning. I had epidural at around noon and was fully dilated shortly after. Then dd was born around and hour and a half later. 6 hrs of labor after breaking my waters and I didn't need augmentation till the pushing stage. Very positive experience. I hope you have a more positive one!! Good luck.

No experience as I'm also a FTM, but my sisters both had inductions, one with all 3 of her kids and all went well and didn't last all that long either (I'd say the longest she was in labor was 6 hours). She didn't have an epideral either, was able to make it through without. The other was induced with her second and was in labor for 4 hours after induction. She did have an epideral though as she's not one for pain.

Good luck tomorrow and on meeting your little peanut finally! Hope everything goes smooth for you.

Oh they sound like great experiences! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to see if I can go without an epidural, purely because the thought of being numb from the waist down scares me more than the pain of labour! We'll see what happens though...I'm definitely taking it as it comes since I'm not entirely sure what to expect pain wise. Good luck for your pregnancy! x

I was induced with my daughter. Went in at night and they put in the tablet. Broke my waters in the morning. I had epidural at around noon and was fully dilated shortly after. Then dd was born around and hour and a half later. 6 hrs of labor after breaking my waters and I didn't need augmentation till the pushing stage. Very positive experience. I hope you have a more positive one!! Good luck.

Oh I haven't heard about the tablet induction before...sounds like it worked for you! 6hrs is great. All my friends seem to have been in labour for 10-24hrs. I really hope that's not the case...you would be absolutely wrecked by the end!

Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy and hopefully I can report back with the news of a quick and positive labour experience. One can hope, fingers crossed!

Good luck!

I was induced with my first and it was a very positive experience, and one I would be happy to repeat should it be necessary again.

I was admitted to hospital to be induced induced at 39+5 (they thought baby was too small, she wasn't in the end though). When I got there I was examined and wasn't dilated at all (despite being told by one doctor I was 1-2cm.. Then being told 15 minutes later that infact I wasn't at all). I had the pessary inserted at 4am (technically 39+6 but I hadn't been asleep yet lol). The little monitor strapped to my tummy started showing very strong contractions at around 11am, but I felt no pain at all, just tightenings. I didn't get any pain at all until 3pm the next day (40 weeks exactly). They got very sore very quickly, but nothing over the top, and I wasn't expecting it to be painless anyway lol. At 5:30pm I was taken to a delivery room. I was examined and had reached 9cm. A few more contractions got me to 10cm. My waters still hasn't gone on their own so they were broken at this point.

I started pushing at around 7pm. By this point the baby was very tired, and her heart rate dropped with every contraction, so the midwife used a suction cup (ventouse) on her head to help pull her out as I pushed. I only used gas and air, and had a drip in my arm as I was dehydrated.
Lily was born at 7:49pm on her due date.

I didn't have to be induced with my second. My labour started naturally at 40+1. But I said throughout that pregnancy that I wouldn't mind if I needed induced again. And I've said the same this time.

Good luck today!

A little late, but another positive experience here. I was induced at 39 weeks with DD and went in at 7am at only 1 cm dilated and started pitocin around 10am. The nurse told me to not expect a baby until the following day as with first babies and induction, labor process is often longer. I had a LOT of pain (but hey, what can we expect from labor?) got an epidural around 3pm and then had to have medication following as the epidural made me very sick. I seemed to be progressing slowly but then I started to get the chills around 930-10pm and my dr said its because my body progressed so quickly from 6cm to 10cm that my body went into shock. Pushed for a little under an hour (was having difficulties) and baby girl was born at 1107pm. I did have some struggles and pain, but I would expect that even if I went into labor naturally. That being said, that (so far) was my only labor so I have nothing to compare it to, but If I had to be indiced again I wouldn't mind.

Make sure to update us today!:)

Good luck today!

A little late, but another positive experience here. I was induced at 39 weeks with DD and went in at 7am at only 1 cm dilated and started pitocin around 10am. The nurse told me to not expect a baby until the following day as with first babies and induction, labor process is often longer. I had a LOT of pain (but hey, what can we expect from labor?) got an epidural around 3pm and then had to have medication following as the epidural made me very sick. I seemed to be progressing slowly but then I started to get the chills around 930-10pm and my dr said its because my body progressed so quickly from 6cm to 10cm that my body went into shock. Pushed for a little under an hour (was having difficulties) and baby girl was born at 1107pm. I did have some struggles and pain, but I would expect that even if I went into labor naturally. That being said, that (so far) was my only labor so I have nothing to compare it to, but If I had to be indiced again I wouldn't mind.

Yep that's what happened with me with my first, was induced the one day, baby born the next haha. It was a little over 25 hrs with 3 hrs of pushing, but I had started from scratch and had the complications with the babys position. Again, just my scenario, they all aren't like that, but yes it was a lengthy process! My second one was 16 hrs, so better!

My friend was induced at eight a.m. and her baby was born at one p.m. She had an epidural early and said it was actually really, really easy. =) No personal experience, but I thought that might put your mind at ease!

Good luck today!

Yep that's what happened with me with my first, was induced the one day, baby born the next haha. It was a little over 25 hrs with 3 hrs of pushing, but I had started from scratch and had the complications with the babys position. Again, just my scenario, they all aren't like that, but yes it was a lengthy process! My second one was 16 hrs, so better!

Another side note tid bit of information too-- when they hooked up the bands to monitor my contractions, the nurse ran into my room because I was setting off the alarm because I was having "active labor contractions" and I didn't even know it! Lol I always think that's funny! When the babies reach that point and are out of room, it hurts when they move so I thought what I was feeling was her moving around when it was contractions! Lol my dr asks me at every appointment now If Ive been havint contractions and I always laugh and say I don't know! Hahaha.. But once they hooked up the pitocin, things got much more serious and I knew :p

I went in at 7pm on a Monday and had dd at 4:06pm on Tuesday. I won't get into all of the details, but if a few things would have went differently I think I would have had her much sooner than I did.

Oh my gosh Indi I can't wait to hear how you and bubs are xxxx :hugs:

Hope you and Peanut are doing well and recovering nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->