Belle Natika's birth story 8/5/10

Natnee

Mummy to Belle
Reaction score
Well I have finally got round to sitting down and doing this! Better late than never.

I was overdue by 12 days so booked for induction on 7th May. Didn't get to go in til 17:00. At 19:00 they started me off with the pessary. Was just uncomfortable to begin with and went for a little walk about. At 21:00 they moved me to a ward so OH had to go home, being promised a call as soon as anything happened, and told 'don't worry there'll be plenty of time'. The pains started getting worse, just like period pains but coming in waves every 10 minutes or so. The MW just said 'it's the pessary getting to work' At 22:00 was given some paracetamol. This did nothing as the pain was getting unbearable, coming about every minute, or so it felt. At about 01:00 I was buzzing for the midwife who came and checked me and cervix was still high and posterior and about 1cm dilated. I was offered a bath or pethadine. I opted for the latter and this made me woosy and felt like I was sleeping in between the waves of pain. Then by about 02:30/02:45 it was hell and I remember calling out 'someone help me', so buzzed again. MW came and wanted to check me but I said I wanted to go to the toilet (for a poo) she said 'are you pushing' and with that I felt the almighty urge to push. She checked me yelled 'your're 9 cms' then proceeded to wheel my bed to the delivery suite. I was so worried that OH wouldn't get there. He got the call at 02:57. He then did the 15 minute (in good traffic) journey to the hospital in 6 minutes. So he made it in time! I was on gas and air and all I kept saying was 'make sure you cut the cord' to OH. He thought it was hillarious! He also kept saying 'you're doing really well' which I specifically told him not to say, so I even managed to tell him off for this! So after a blur of pushing my beautiful daughter was born at 3:33 am, weighing 8lbs, 10oz. She came out with quite a force an apparantly with her arms out so I suffered 2nd degree tears. I had to be stitched by a surgeon as it as they were too severe for the mw to do it.

I have to say the whole experience, especially being on my own in the ward in such pain was really traumatic. Nothing like what I thought the whole thing would be like. All the bits and pieces I had packed in my bag for the labour were not used. I had bought a tens machine - still in it's box. I hadn't written a birth plan either, so just as well! Needless to say I think I don't think I want to experience childbirth again in a hurry!

So labour in a nutshell according to my notes:
1st stage 30 mins
2nd stage 13 mins
3rd stage 20 mins
TOTAL 1 hour, 3 mins.

wow, sorry it wasnt like youd hoped but at least it was quick! congratulations on your baby girl xx

Awh honey I'm so sorry it was so traumatic. Mine was bad, but luckily not traumatic, just long periods of time where I needed a poo, and then an hour of needing to push but being told not to. It's all very scary, but you've got your little girl now! We're mummys! And it's gotta be THE best reawrd, right?

Congratulations on Belle, can't wait for a picture x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->