Belly and boobs after delivery!

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
Yes, I know it will take its time to shrink back down and get anywhere near to how I was before (if ever). But what are you guys doing to help get back into shape?

How has your belly or boobs changed the most?

I can't excercise yet, as I'm only two weeks post partum, but I'm eager to start!

My boobs swelled like crazy and because we didn't succeed in breast feeding, they've dramsticslly shrunk back down. Although, I put an old bra on and they fill it out (but because they feel so.. Soft and a lot saggier than usual they feel really small).

Is there anything I can do about my boobs now that they've swelled up and shrunk back down? I feel disgusting about them. They're super soft and feel worse than when I lost a lot of weight due to anorexia and they turned tiny!!

Now for my belly. Similar feeling to my boobs, soft and like a water bed haha. But I've started to notice around my belly button it feels.. Textured like very small stretch marks. But I never had stretch marks during pregnancy.
Belly button..kinda on its way back in.. But still has a sticky out bit.

And my linea nigra almost looks as dark as ever!! When does that go? I look horribly scarred!

I used to have such good tummy muscles, and I'm scared they'll never be anywhere near like they were before. Not even a little.

What excercises are you doing, and how early did you start doing it?
Is there any kinda excercises you can do for your boob area?!? Is that even possible?

It does take time, honey bee. You're right about that. Leo is two months old today and I still look pregnant. Not 5-6 months pregnant, like when I left hospital but definitely could be mistaken. It's also sagged down so it hangs almost over my lady parts. Yuck!! I can't help you with the boobage side, as I'm ebf :hugs:
As far as exercise goes, I'm starting off with going for an hour walk every morning, to get my fitness up. Then I'll be doing a post partum work out. There is a really good one on Lifestyle You website. That's what I'll be using. Just remember to take your time love <3
Oh and by the way, SUUUUUPER jealous about the whole no stretchmark thing. I am covered, from my boobs down to my knee caps. I'm not even exaggerating!

My stomach was squishy for awhile but went back ALMOST normal by 6 weeks. Go for walks with the stroller, pushing that shit uphill is a workout!!

I started doing floor ab workouts at 2 weeks. Pushups and chest flies are good for the boob area.

Well I had a couple of stretch marks but they weren't incredibly bad and I can imagine they'll fade super quick. I had stretch marks during puberty and gaining weight from being super underweight and those stretch marks were way worse. These ones are also on my lower back/love handle area and easily covered by underwear so I wouldn't even count them as stretch marks as they're not in a prominent place for me.

It's just that weird stretch mark effect around my belly button that I don't like, they're not red, but have a similar texture.. Like a saggy deflated wrinkly balloon.. You can feel them more than see them!

Definitely getting to the point I'm more confident in leaving the house with baby. Other half works a lot so im real nervous about going out with him by myself.. But yes definitely lots of walks with the pram!

Does anyone find sit ups strange to do? Because if I get up in a weird way, or I just for whatever reason move and use my stomach muscles as if I've 'tensed up' my tummy feels strange. So like does anyone struggle to do sit ups straight away? Or do more gentle excercise then go onto sit ups?
I just don't want to cause damage kinda thing.

Ah I can't wait to excercise! Just trying my best to remember to do pelvic floor muscles enough times during the day!

Well I had a couple of stretch marks but they weren't incredibly bad and I can imagine they'll fade super quick. I had stretch marks during puberty and gaining weight from being super underweight and those stretch marks were way worse. These ones are also on my lower back/love handle area and easily covered by underwear so I wouldn't even count them as stretch marks as they're not in a prominent place for me.

It's just that weird stretch mark effect around my belly button that I don't like, they're not red, but have a similar texture.. Like a saggy deflated wrinkly balloon.. You can feel them more than see them!

Definitely getting to the point I'm more confident in leaving the house with baby. Other half works a lot so im real nervous about going out with him by myself.. But yes definitely lots of walks with the pram!

Does anyone find sit ups strange to do? Because if I get up in a weird way, or I just for whatever reason move and use my stomach muscles as if I've 'tensed up' my tummy feels strange. So like does anyone struggle to do sit ups straight away? Or do more gentle excercise then go onto sit ups?
I just don't want to cause damage kinda thing.

Ah I can't wait to exercise! Just trying my best to remember to do pelvic floor muscles enough times during the day!

You probably have split stomach muscles. They are actually supposed to check this before you leave the hospital. At least that's how they do it here in Australia. This is the reason why they tell you to check with your doctor at the 6 week check up, to see if you're able to begin an exercise regime. You can google how to check but they usually come back together on their own, so I wouldn't suggest doing any kind of tummy exercises until you have checked with you GP :flower:

The first photo is my wonderful belly :haha: I don't know if it will get any better as a lot of this is loose skin, however, I'm staying positive in the thought that it can be taken down more.
The second is my gorgeous stretch marks, just the ones on my belly. My bum, thighs, boobs and lower back are covered too. I was expecting some crazy stretchage due to being 43kgs before falling pregnant.
I think your belly button is probably just because it had to pop out. I have a very deep belly button but it never popped out. It just became very shallow, pretty mu level with my belly. It used to be so small, now it's definitely a lot bigger and no where near as shallow.

Attachments

• 706.jpg
    706.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 707.jpg
    707.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 23
My boobs are pretty small to begin with so I haven't noticed much change at all. I didn't bf so when my milk came in I got engorged but I feel like it went away really quickly.

My thighs on the other hand look soooo horrible. I've lost all the weight already as I only gained 20 lbs and I'm luckily in the fact that I was already heavy so the little bit of a flabby belly I have just looks like I'm fat now. My belly bottom looks totally different now too. It was always deep so I never popped but the skin around my belly bottom is def different then the rest of my tummy.

I have noticed it getting alittle better in the last 4 weeks so I'm hoping that it just continues to get better and better as time goes on because the chances of me doing sit-ups are very slim LOL

My linea nigra is also very very dark still. So weird

Mmmm, same here for the lineas. Looks like I've missed a spot in the shower :dohh:

Boobs, what boobs. Mine have completely disappeared!! I went from being a 32C to a 32a. I EBF for seven weeks and after I got mastitis the second time and part of my nipple fell off we called it a day.
I swear I think he ate my boobs! I find wearing a bra keeps them looking better.
Im10months ppm and all is well. I'm a strict vegan and a nervous eater, so that helped my stomach.

You'll be grand it will all fall back into place soon. Also when your ready post natal Pilates is the cats pjs.

I have always been thin without ever working out.
I had my daughter 10weeks ago. At first my tummy was bloated and kinda wrinkly, now after 10 weeks I'm wrinkle-less and I'm 6 pounds away from my normal weight.
I'm extremely lucky lol but I waited 6 weeks and then started sit-ups.
As for the boob thing... I'm wearing light push-up bras, I don't know if it's going to help but I decided that it will help fight gravity and keep those girls up lol. If you think it's a good plan it doesn't hurt to try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->