Belly Binding

krulci

Reaction score
My midwife noticed DD isn't dropping into the birth canal because her head seems to be caught on the pelvic rim (she said it's normal after having a few babies, especially if they were large). Anyone else have experience with this? Any advice or tricks?

She said to wrap the lower section of my stomach with a rebozo or something similar, so I am using my Moby. Problem is, I'm not sure how tightly to go! I was having DH wrap quite firmly around my hips/lower pelvic region, but it almost made me throw up after a few hours, so now we've gone with a 'snug but comfortable' approach. It feels like she's being pulled in, a little, but I'm worried it's not enough and I'm wasting my time. I'd love to hear what you know! (I'm desperate!! Lol)

I've never heard of this advice before and I'm not sure I'd be happy doing it especially if it's making you feel sick. Just doesn't sound good. It's very common for subsequent babies not to engage until you're actually in labour. Bouncing on a ball and walking as well are likely to help with positioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->