Belly painting/belly casting

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Has anyone made a cast of their bump or painted their belly with one of those kits?

If so, when did you do the cast? I guess ideally you'd do it as late as possible to get it as big as you can?

If you painted your belly.. which kit did you use? Or can you just use paints (and which type ~ obviously something non toxic but what types of paint are non toxic aside from tempra that just come in goofy colours?)

Acrylic paints come in a lot of colours but I don't think they're non toxic? Can anyone give me some insight here?

Thanks girls!!

PS I would like to paint the inside of my belly cast, to make an artsy sort of display thing. Maybe outside, I don't know.. but if I did the inside you'd be able to see the painting AND the belly form in plain white? Just my idea, in case anyone wants to steal, lol :)

yeah i did a belly cast, i think i left it about 2weeks before my due date or something. yeah your right, as late as possible i suppose. im going to try put a pic on here of us half way throgh doin it, hope it works. i woudl like to have my OH paint his hands and leave hand prints on the belly, one either side. i think that would look nice, however i havent a clue what you would do with something like that. mine is still sat in my conservatory lol. you'll have to show us how you get on ...

xx gud luck :hug:

Attachments

• Photo-0007 (1).jpg
    Photo-0007 (1).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 40
I painted my belly for halloween, we just used face paints. (never seen any other type of paint to use!)

My bump was too small on halloween to paint up. I have to post some of these awesome paintings of bellies I saw online... need to find em. I have never made a cast either. The painting would be fun, The kids can make a big mess of me, maybe for mothers day and I can take a photo ;)

What a fab idea ! Is there a website that shows you how to do the casts?

i was going to do a cast at the end of each tri but i didnt know what i would do with the cast after lol so i think i am going to skip it lol, the pictures will have to be a reminder of my size lol

xx

What a fab idea ! Is there a website that shows you how to do the casts?

They have belly casting kits for sale, here's an example of one:

https://www.cheekymonkey.ca/ProudBody.htm

However we made masks of our faces in drama class in high school, I'm sure you could use the same method? I looked up the instructions for that too, I'm just not sure where to get the stuff for it/how much it costs:

https://www.ehow.com/how_2165473_belly-cast.html

thanks for that, I am deffo going to do one! OH is getting excited about making one too now!!

Wow Thanks for the great idea. I just experimented it and it went quite well... I used alginate for the impression and plaster for the outershell. I poured stone to the alginate and it came out so detailed and realistic.
My hubby loves it so much that I am a bit worried...

i painted my bump with henna when i was pregnant if that counts x

i painted my bump with henna when i was pregnant if that counts x

I wish I was talented enough to do henna on my bump!! :( The designs can get so intricate - and look beautiful when they're finished! I actually want a henna-inspired design on my lower back (after I have the baby I plan to get a tattoo, lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->