Belly Ring ( Silly but a ? )

Michele1026

Reaction score
ok this is silly but i have a belly ring body piercing and im wondering if anyone else has/had one and when they removed it.
Thanks !

This website suggests removing it and putting in a piece of flexible jewelry as soon as it starts to feel uncomfortable to you.

https://www.babycenter.com/0_body-art-during-pregnancy_1449690.bc

Thanks I missed that , Now to find that type of ring...lol

I managed to keep one of mine in i had 4 in at the kind of compass points. The flexi stuff is good and you don't have to take it out at the hospital :)

I'm 21 weeks and still have my normal one in. It doesn't bother me the slightest. I Will probably buy a pregnancy bar soon just in case!

Hi Michele, I had 3 pregnancies after i had my belly pierced and i kept mine in for all of them. i just bought one with a longer bar and i didnt notice it- same as normal. I did not have to take it out for labour at all. i am sure they sell plastic tubing type bars/rings at tatooists and piercing shops. good luck x

I kept mine in until i was about 6mons and then took mine out as every time the dr checked the babys heartbeat, she always ran it over and i couldve sworn it was going to be yanked out bc of the monitor LOL. I would take it out when it starts to feel uncomfy for ya or before you go to the hospital to have your baby :)

Weird, correct me if im wrong but I thought you couldn't wear jewellery in hospital in case you had to be rushed into surgery?

Weird, correct me if im wrong but I thought you couldn't wear jewellery in hospital in case you had to be rushed into surgery?

That is the rule.. but when I had Jack- I got to leave my earrings in. Totally diff. from a belly ring - i know lol. I had taken mine out way before that anyways.

My friend kept hers in the whole way through and through labour! she changed to a flexi at 6 months but it infected her so she got a longer s.steel bar instead & was fine! I was worried about the exact same thing!!!

You can do a search for maternity belly rings, or just go to maternitypiercings dot com :)

Happy happy holidays !!
~J

hiya im 5 and half months pregnant and where my belly button is stretching my belly piercing hole and kinda got a cut across it like a paper cut and looks sore alltho it feels ok it will prob just get worse and just ordered 3 off ebay for 5 pound all together xxx

You can do a search for maternity belly rings, or just go to maternitypiercings dot com :)

Happy happy holidays !!
~J

Thanks ill look on of those up and also check Ebay and see what my Dr's says I go Jan 2

I kept mine in for about 3 months, but then it started to get infected. Everyone said it was my hormones. :cry: Now, even four months later that area is ALWAYS red. Doesn't hurt or anything, it's just like my skin is red. There was a woman at my mom's work who said hers did the same thing, so I'm not worried about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->