Benjamin Micheal

ktsl123

Reaction score
I delivered Benjamin at 35 weeks and 2 days due to preeclamcia. Here is my story.

I had gestational diabetes with my pregnacy so I got some extra growth ultrasounds. I went to a growth ultra sound on Friday at 34 weeks and 4 days I had an ultra sound that showed that the blood flow to the placenta was not 100% like it should be. I was supposed to come into the office to see a high risk Dr on Monday.

I did know that with gestational Diabetes you have a higher chance of preeclampcia and also having less blood flow is a sign of preeclamcia, but apparently my urine test did not show protein that day. I felt just fine but the next day (Saturday) I went to the drug store to use the blood pressure monitor machine there and it read 160/90 so I called my Dr and she said to come into the hospital now!

So I had a 24 hour urine test and a blood test done and the blood test showed only slight preeclampcia but the urine test showed 100 times the normal amount. So they said I would deliver on Tuesday. They gave me steriod injections for Benjamin's lungs. I was given blood test every 12 hours and other tests to make sure it did not progress to an emergency situation.

On Monday night at 6:30 I was given cervadil to soften my cervix and 12 hours later and 6:30am I was given pitocin to start labor and also got an epidural. Then at 11am I was 4 centimers then the next time I was checked at 3:30 I was 10 cenimeters. I felt almost no pain with the contractions, just pressure in my back (he was sunny side up). After pushing 15 minutes the doctor gave my husband a towel that was tied in a knot at each end and he pulled and I pulled a the same time as hard as I could to push him out and after 15 more minutes he came out. He came out screaming and weighing 5pds 8oz and his blood sugar was just fine and was healthy.

Labor for me was so much easier than I imagined! The pain began as soon as the epidural wore off from my episotomy and hemoriods! Omigod that was hell! It was constant pain for a week! I had icepacks downstairs constantly! That was definitly the worst part.

Benjamin did have jaundice for a few days , but he recoverd with the uv lights and did not need extra time in the hospital.

We are so happy than we could ever imagine and feel so lucky to have our beautiful boy.

Attachments

• Benjamin's Birth 030.jpg
    Benjamin's Birth 030.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 34
  • ben stretching eyes open.jpg
    ben stretching eyes open.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 43
Congratulations - He is gorgeous!

He is gorgeous, congratulations! :hugs:

Awww congratulations, he's gorgeous x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online