Best AIO night nappy?

MandaAnda

Reaction score
I've ordered some Kushies to start our venture into cloth. If we're happy, I'll then get the big set from 97kgallery and eventually convince DH to let me splurge on trying BGs.

But I wondered what works best for night as far as AIOs go? (I'll be back at work soon, including occasional night shifts, and need DH-friendly nappies.) :thumbup:

I don't actually know of any true AIO night nappies. I've seen pop-ins described as AIO and they're good for nights of lots of babies, but they're not a true AIO, they're a snap-in or all-in-2 type really, cos you have a waterproof outer and then you popper the inserts in. If it's for ease of use though, with something like that they go on all in one piece once they're prepared so you could do that in advance. If you were ok to do that, you could also try pocket nappies. It depends how heavy a wetter your LO is, and if you're new to cloth you probably won't know that yet.

The Pop-In bamboo nappies are the ones I was looking at, actually. Thank you! I'm not averse to pockets either. Like you say, I can prepare them in advance for DH.

I use BG organic AIOs and they are fabby. K is a heavy wetter but they have never leaked. And I also use Flip organics too, but they are two-parts.

you could try the bambooty easy nights, ive not tried them myself but i managed 7 hours (oopsy naughty mummy) out of a day one, and it still was dry at the back so would have lasted longer!

For nights you will be much better to use a 2 part nappy system, as this can be boosted as much as you need, and you will have a belt and braces approach to leakage - what escapes the nappy will be caught by the wrap.
Best of all is actually 2 traditional bamboo squares, folded together, and covered by a wool, or possibly fleece wrap.

Having said that, there is one absolutely excellent night nappy called a sweet night. This is a French AI2 nappy, with a fleece rather than PUL waterproof layer. Not cheap, but with separate insets available, you can just buy one nappy, and a couple of extra inserts, to give you 3 nappies in one.

I agree with littlestar that 2 part systems are often better for babies overnight. If you're worried about your OH coping with the nappy and then the wrap (although my OH copes surprisingly well if you leave out what he needs to use), you could use wool or fleece longies as a wrap and you'd use these instead of pyjama bottoms, so he'd put the nappy on, then the longies over the top and that's it. Both fleece and wool are better overnight than PUL anyway as they let the skin breathe more, which is good when they could be wearing the same nappy for 12 hours.

anytime anyone wants me to reccomend a night nappy id always go with a BG pocket...V3/V4....stuff it with both inserts that come with it, stuff extra boosters in if wanted- suedecloth keeps babys bum dry which I dont find I get with PopIns with the bamboo straight next to babys skin (although bamboo is a natural fibre so its not a bad thing I just prefer her bum to be dry to the touch)...

a good AIO iv found are the Magic Alls by BabyBeehinds. They have sewn in thick 4-layer microfibre, AND a pocket so its an AIO with option to stuff extra for overnight...they also include a bamboo 'boost it' booster for overnight, and you can stuff even more if you need to. I love mine...its got the extra leg gusset bits too so its a good fit around slimmer legs! :thumbup:

https://www.babybeehinds.eu/store/pc/Magic-Alls-Minkee-All-In-One-Nappy-18p14.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->