best baby sling/carrier?

P

purple_socks

i got given one with straps that cross over my back and clip together like a rucksack but its really uncomfy 4 more than 20 mins (i tend to only use it when doing house work like hoovering). it really hurts by back carrying Kian but i suspect a better sling will help....pos one that pulls him closer to my body so he doesn't 'hang' so much.
so i wanna know what would b the best carrier/sling to buy to wear over long periods of time? thers so many i'm confused! i'd like something adaptable so it can b worn on both front and back and by both me and OH. what do u all suggest?

What sling is it? then I'd find it easier to suggest what is better :)

As Mrs Jay says, what carrier do you currently have?

Carriers are very much personal preference and like you say there are so many out there!!!

If you could give us an idea of where you use your carrier (just at home or for going out on long walks etc etc?). You say you want both you and OH can use....would he want one that looks more 'masculine'?

And roughly what weight your baby is!

xxx

i have no idea what the thing i have is. it was given to me and it didn't have a box/bag/tag or anything to say. it looks quite similar to this https://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/...geName=49-3761456cA69UC467210X.jpg&imageText=
i dont really like it tho and it sits really high up on OH even with the straps at their longest coz he's a big guy. I don't think he cares abt the 'masculine'ness of it...i think he might draw the line at bright pink with flowers tho (altho he des own an alarming number of pink tops!?!:haha:) i hate the pre determined shape of the one i have (iykwim-the a limit to how adjustable it is) i really like the look of the wrap round cloth type ones (sorry totally new to all this so have no idea what their all called) especially in rainbow colours and also mie tia ones (am i right inb thinking these r one size fits all coz u adjust them by wrapping them tighter etc so both me and OH can use the same one?)

I hope you dont mind me saying that the one youve linked too looks awful :S Do you not knock the babies legs when you walk ? Sorry your not getting on with baywearing at the min if you like the look of them and i love the look go for a woven wrap theres a huge amount of different carries you can do with them and it will be perfect for your baby from birth to toddlerhood i love the rainbow wraps ! Girasol particularily do some great rainbow wraps !!

it is awful! it really pulls on my back and Kians swings around all over the place...i only really use it to get him out the way of the floor and keep him with me when hoovering etc...also for bopping round to music sith him which he finds pretty funny!

i 4got to say he's 12lb2

aww a little un ! Woven wrap would work well and you could use it the whole times otherwise you could get a stretchy wrap but whilst thatd be ideal now by the times hes bout 6 months it wouldnt be as supportive and youd probably have to move onto a woven then :)
Aw to bopping around lol weve done that to a new disney album i just got this morning

I agree it looks awful:blush:

Like SP said either a woven wrap or a nice mei tai would be loads better. Or if you prefer the buckles a connecta or similar would be fab. I'd have a look through the piccies thread and see what you like the look of:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->