Best Bottle Drying Rack?

jrob

Reaction score
Hey ladies!!So, I am still in my second trimester but I am trying to create my registry for my shower. I am going to attempt breastfeeding, but am not sure how long that will last since I will need to go back on my medication shortly after baby is born. I am going to try to go as long as I can without it, but I have a severe chronic pain disorder and it's difficult to move/walk without my medication. I also work and am a full time grad student, so even while I am breastfeeding in the beginning I am going to have to pump quite a bit. So bottles are the way to go for me. Anyway, I have picked out 2 different types of bottles. Avent and Dr. Brown's. I am familiar with both brands and like them both. I am trying to find a drying rack that I can use for both bottle brands. Are they universal or do certain racks only hold certain bottles? We don't have a dishwasher so we have to hand wash everything and I would like to try to keep the baby's things separate from everything else. Any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated!! :thumbup:

Oh, also, same kind of question for bottle warmers. Do they have to be brand specific or is there one that will warm both brands? I figured I might just use the stove but a warmer for both brands would be much easier.

We have the Boon drying rack and I love it. It's stylish and holds a lot of pieces, especially if you get the accessories that hold smaller pieces. You can find it at Target. https://m.target.com/p/boon-grass-stem-twig-drying-set-bundle/-/A-15250286

We have the Boon drying rack and I love it. It's stylish and holds a lot of pieces, especially if you get the accessories that hold smaller pieces. You can find it at Target. https://m.target.com/p/boon-grass-stem-twig-drying-set-bundle/-/A-15250286

I have the same and absolutely adore it. I get comments on it all of the time.

I never got anything special. Just a normal dish drying rack (a metal one that had lots of ventilation) and I set it on top of a tray on our kitchen table to collect any condensation that dripped off and then cleaned the rack and tray as necessary. To be honest though, I used this really only after 6 months when we stopped sterilising (actually didn't even think to get one til then!). Before that, bottles got washed, rinsed in cold water and then immediately went into the electric steriliser. They were sterilised and given time to cool and then I immediately made up a set of bottles (3 at a time for the evening/overnight/early am), and put them in the fridge and then again in the morning, wash, sterilise, make up a set of bottles (3 for the day or whatever it was). So there was never a time when they needed to sit and dry. Once my daughter was 6 months, I didn't sterilise anymore and then I got the dish rack, which worked great.

Same with a bottle warmer. Never bothered with one. I just boiled a kettle of water (electric kettle is your friend!) and set the refrigerated bottle in a bowl with hot water for a few minutes til it was warm. When we went out, I used the ready to feed pre-made cartons and offered them room temp. After a few attempts at trying to cool a hot bottle in a running sink of cold water in a coffee shop bathroom while balancing a screaming hungry baby on one hip, I decided no expense was worth the hassle of trying to make up a bottle on the go!

I dry mine on the kitchen counter... never used a bottle warmer either.

Thanks! That was the one I was thinking of putting on there but wasn't sure how good it was since I've never seen it before now. I really appreciate everyone's feedback!

If you choose a Boon, get the big one (Lawn, I think) unless you have zero counter space. Or get 2 of the small ones. I have the big one and a Munchkin drying rack, and they are full and in use all the time.

Boon drying rack! I BF and pump at work so we still use a lot of bottles. I am IN LOVE with it. I got the little tree accessory because it's great for the teats and pump bits so they don't take up so much space.
I got a bottle warmer this time because I didn't with my first and always wished I had. Now i wish i hadn't spent the money on one because we still just fill a bowl with hot water and put the bottle in it to warm. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->