Best bottles for breastfed babies?

mandaa1220

Reaction score
We've been back and forth about which bottles we should register for. Ultimately, I ended up registering for the Medela Calma bottles, which are supposed to be good for breastfed babies. My LO will have to transition to bottle for daycare, as he'll start at 11 weeks.

For breastfeeding mommies, which bottles do you recommend that didn't interfere with breastfeeding?

Medela Calma. Tried to avoid it since they were so expensive but ended up trying 5-6 other bottles first, getting nipple confusion, and ending up with the Calma in the end.

Medela Calma. Tried to avoid it since they were so expensive but ended up trying 5-6 other bottles first, getting nipple confusion, and ending up with the Calma in the end.

Thanks! I was stressing, because they are so expensive, but it's good to hear it's worth it.

Thanks! I was stressing, because they are so expensive, but it's good to hear it's worth it.

After he was about 6-8 months we switched to a cheaper one (because you have to replace them! They are expensive enough!) and had no issues. It got us through the early parts.

We also had a tough breastfeeding start, used nipple shields due to his prematurity until around 10-11 weeks, then had to start bottles at 12 weeks.

We use Calma as well - one came with the Medela pump I bought so I thougt I'd try it. It took LO a few weeks to get used to it, but now he's fine. He has bottles on the days when I'm working (three and a half days a week), and I bf whenever I'm at home. No problems switching between the two.

my little one likes avent its the only one we have tried took it right away. no issues with going back and forth between the bottle and the boob

I went with the Tommie tippee ones, lo seems happy and still likes his boob :) I didn't introduce them until 6 weeks tho as recommended by the breastfeeding support women to try and avoid confusion.

He still wanted boob after the first couple of times using a bottle but has been fine since

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->