Best cloth nappy kits.

trumpetbum

2 girls..boy on the way.
Reaction score
Any advice. It has been a whopping great 8 years + since I did this. I bought a complete kit of birth to potty shaped nappies last time around which suited me down to the ground, but the choice out there now is just baffling. Any recommendations? I'm looking at wonderoos just now. I don't even think they still make the brand my youngest wore. I plan to buy a complete pack and then treat myself and baby to whatever wraps or additional nappies take my fancy after that.
Help, I feel like a reborn cloth virgin :lol:

hello,

my advice would to take caution buying a set of one nappy. they are an awful lot of money and if for whatever reason you don't like them or get on with them. Do you have any ideas what kind of nappy you would like? you need to consider things such as drying times? Have you got a dryer or will you be air drying? Are you bothered about patterns? Do you want to fold or would you like a simple nappy you can mor eor less throw on? Birth to potty or sized? just a few things for you to think about before commiting

it might be helpful if you read the getting started article in my siggy. it will give you an idea of whats out there now and example of the nappies. there quiet alot of offers around at the mo for real nappy week so you could pick up a couple of different types which 'take your fancy' a little bit cheaper than normal.

I tried wonderoos but didn't like them because they don't fasten at the legs, and they were too short once my toddler got taller, so his "cleavage" started to show out at the back! Certainly didn't go through to potty, and were too big at newborn as well! WellI wasn't impressed anyway!

im only new too it my self but i wouldnt recomend buying all one type of nappy, if id have done that id have been buggerd iv found the type i really like but theres a few others i like, imo wonderoos birth too potty is a brillant nappy i really like it, they are big and even quite big on harry now hes 14lb couldnt imagen what they'd be like on a newborn! they fit charlie lovely tho and its never leaked, another one kinda simmilar is fuzzi bunz, i like that one for the fit better but i have too boost it up because it seems too leak maybe once hes bigger it might be better, but for me it has too be the itti bitti <3 thats going too be the main of my stash but with a few diffrent ones like wonderoos fuzzi bunz and a few special ones! i really like the ones you done need a wrap for that you just pop in an insert they seem loads slimmer too x

I too would say to try a few first, different nappies suit different babies :) If you don't mind pre loved try out the for sale section on here. If you want new, Fill Your Pants do some good combo kits for starting out containgin different brands x

im just new to cloth nappies myself but i agree with the others, try a few different nappies rather than all the same. Im not a fan of my wonderoo, it doesnt fit charlie too well. I love my fuzzi bunz, bumgenius and little lamb nappies. Whereas my sil loves her wonderoos but doesnt like the little lamb nappies.

i had the wonderoo on again today its not a very good fit actually, also the fuzzi bunz insert seems too move and then he pee's past it! i sware by the ittis!

Thanks guys, I really did like the value pack I had previously. I couldn't be bothered with the kerfuffle of different types and styles tbh, I liked having one type that went from newborn to potty.
I do like the idea of trying out some different ones, though I'd like to be organised again this time and have them bought before baby is born. The wonderoos didn't get great feedback at the Baby show i went to recently, I felt a few and saw some demonstrated which was nice and they have become so much softer in 8 years I think :lol:
So I suppose my next question is, what is your absolute favourite of those you've tried?

My absolute favourites (after trying everything I could get my hands on) are BumGenius Flips. They're birth-to-potty, have poppers rather than velcro, are very trim, easy to use and wash, quick to dry, have three nice colours with more due out soon-ish and have a choice of three types of insert - stay dry (microfibre - quick drying), organic cotton (more absorbant but takes longer to dry) and disposable (handy for weekends away etc).

If you still want to buy one big pack of something, would you consider preloved ones? That way, if you buy them and then decide after a while they're not right for you, you will be able to sell them for about the same as you paid. Also they'll be at 100% absorbancy straight away. If you buy a new pack, once you've used them once the value drops dramatically and you'd not get close to your money back. If you look on the various nappy/natural parenting forums, you can quite often see somebody selling their whole stash. I bought 20 Pop-ins off Gumtree for about £120 I think it was, definitely a bargain, and I've been able to sell on the ones I didn't want to keep without making much of a loss.

Oooh, now I saw the bum genius nappies and thought my dh could even manage those. I think I'd be ok with preloved as I know my last lot were in good condition when I handed them on at the end.

There are a few ladies selling bundles of Flips on Cloth Nappy Tree at the moment but I think they're selling them as nearly new. I've not worked it out but it might be cheaper to buy them new with 20% off for real nappy week.

Hmm my absolute favourites would be my blueberries, itti bitti and my mini lala. Bumgenius are fab for night but they get a lot of mixed reviews.

We are in BG and I love them. I do wonder if they will make it through to potty training but tbh, they probably shoud (size wise I mean). I like the fact that they are quick and easy. We have only had the odd leak and only 1 poo up the back with them!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->