Best Cloth Nappy kits?

tucks09

Reaction score
Hi, i'm really keen about using cloth nappies and having been looking at a few threads regarding which ones are best. I'd rather outlay all the money at once on the kit recommended by most people than buy loads of different ones. I haven't a baby to practice on yet so would like to be organised for his/her arrival in November! The review thread is great but only gives one opinion per brand. What brand do you prefer and has anyone bought the birth > potty kits? Thanks

Have a look here: https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/Nappy_Trial_Bundles.html for more ideas.
Personally, I wouldn't recommend buying all of your kit at once. you don't know what you are going to like, find more practical. Every baby is different.

id agree with Hanna. ive got a few different types, and although Travis is only 7 weeks, i already have likes n dislikes out of my stash (all the diff types i bought were recommended by ppl, so its not like i bought dodgy 1s that arent any good!). i would have been so peed off if i just bought 1 brand, n it was 1 of the brands that dont suit him (naughty baby dont suit him at all, yet other ppl rave about them!!) if my entire stash was naughty baby, n i presumed that was the norm, it would have deffo put me off, n i probably would have stopped using cloth altogether!

Buy a few of each (some pockets, some all in 1, some snap in 1, some that needs wraps) and test em when ur baby gets here, then invest properly in the 1s u know work 4 u n ur bubs!

Having said all that: i prefer totsbots bamboozle with motherease wraps. i also like weenotions wraps for the cuteness factor, but theyre still 2 big 4 T, so i havent tested em yet! i also love blueberry onesize, but they r really bulky n wont fit under his trousers, so i only use em when i wanna show off his nappy! i like ittis for fitting under trousers, but only use them once he's had his daily poop, because they do nothing to contain explosions! naughty baby dont work 4 us, but i think its coz he's 2 small (even tho they r supposed 2b birth 2 potty!), so am hanging onto em for a bit!
hope that helps?!

I agree with the others. If you'd rather spend all the money at once, why not put the right amount of money aside so you can try a few and then pick your favourites? I don't know of anybody who bought one brand and then didn't regret it! I bought two starter kits of one brand and they were ok but nowhere near as good as some of the others I later tried so it was a waste of money really. Also, you may find that different nappies suit different occasions e.g. night times, long journeys, pottering around the house. I also don't think you'd ever get more than a few people agreeing on the best ones to go for either, as every baby, parent and living situation is different. If you really want to buy a kit, I would go for a couple of ones where you get different nappies to try. Millie's Nappies does them I think. If you're doing that, I would go for kits with big brand names in them as they will be easy to sell on if you don't like them. Things like mothercare smart nappies, prefolds, big packs of little lambs etc don't seem to hold their value well, but big names like Bum Genius sell on easily.

I would what Rachel C suggested and put that money aside and by a few of each, with my first I brought a tots bots bamboozles kit, I hated it and they didn't work at all. I sold them and put her in disposables for the next 2 years :( This time I took others advise and brought a couple of each, found the ones I loved and brought more of them and sold the ones that didn't work so well.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, I will definitely try them before i get the kit now. What brands would you recommend I try, there are so many I don't know where to start!

I would recommend trying a Flip (maybe get a spare insert or two as well), a Bum Genius V3 or V4, an Itti (they've just brought out a new birth-to-potty one but you might like to try a small for a newborn) and a Tots Bots stretchy cos I've heard great things about them! You'd need a wrap with the stretchy but you could use a Flip outer, or there are loads of good wraps out there - I like Thirsties Duo wraps. If you're thinking of cloth to save money, I'd highly recommend Econobums, which are like a cheaper version of Flips and made by the same people. You get a prefold with them but I'd buy stay dry Flip inserts for in them as spares too.

I'd definitely recommend trying some different nappies before buying a birth to potty kit. Apart from anything else, needs tend to change as babies get older and more wriggley!

Lots of places offer trial kits, and this is a great way to find out what works before you buy anything.

Does your council have any schemes? Some councils offer trial packs, free nappies, vouchers to buy nappies or money back after you buy. It's well worth checking that out

Fill your pants do loads of different trial packs (cant post links yet sorry!)
The Quick Dry or Best-sellers kit look really good to start with.

I wouldnt get a birth to potty kit just yet, wait till youve tried a few nappies and see which ones you like best first :thumbup:

I would definitely recommend a wee notion and Issy Bear's a bit more pricey but definitely worth it. We sold everything else to get more of these.

issys would swamp a newborn though!

i agree flips are great and tbh i dont know a single person who would say they arent!
i hear bumgenius v3 or v4 works well on newborns, but most birth to potty size ones are too big on a newborn
little lambs do a try them all kit thats good value and pretty good quality for a newborn (but boring) but my LO started outweeing them so they are put aside for a second baby https://www.littlelamb.co.uk/itemdetl.php/itemprcd/TTAK
have a look at these as well... https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/Nappy_Trial_Bundles.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->