Best Designs for a Consequences/Rewards Chart

ChimChims

Mom of two <3
Reaction score
I am positive my almost nine year old would benefit from seeing, and essentially having control of, her own behavior.

I would like to make a chart of some sort that allows her to accrue and lose points. Like one that would shoot her up towards reward, or down towards consequence. Does that make sense?

I am stumped for how to do this best and would welcome suggestions or especially links with samples or ideas.

Poms in a mason jar worked well for some of daycare kids who responded well to that technique.

When they were good they got to take a pom out of my jar and put it into theirs. If they made poor choices they had to take a pom out of their jar and put it back into mine. When they filled their jar we did something extra special together (vs. like a candy/treat type incentive).

It was a great visual throughout the day, prevented much in the way of conflict because the kids I used it with were old enough to comply and those poms really became important currency to them, and it was inexpensive to execute.

Here is a link to the idea with pictures (the idea is a few blog posts down). I like how she used different items than just poms. Would be a great way to keep the idea fresh if you changed the items say seasonally:
https://www.celebrate-always.com/search?updated-max=2011-07-26T23:27:00-05:00&max-results=12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->