• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best electric pump

squizzlew

Reaction score
Hi I'm sure it's been asked many times before but what breast pump do people find the best. I want to be prepared baby is due in December and will be my third for both the other two I have had issues breastfeeding and hated it both had a tongue tie and it was very painful with my daughter I combination fed successfully to 17 weeks then she went onto formula and solids. With my son he lost a lot of weight in the first few weeks and I was under a lot of pressure from the hospital to formula feed him or top up with formula so they could monitor how much he got but I refused so had to express and top up after each feed with ebm my supply was never the issue. I want to have all my research done and something in place before baby arrives again this time in case the same thing happens again. In the past I have tried the Tommy tippe one it was useless I also didn't find the medela swing that great either I ended up with the Philips advent which I found ok but wanted to see if there was anything better as I need a new one anyway, I should also mention I am in the uk and have quite a large chest h cup before milk comes in and will go up to about a j or k cup.

I have rented a hospital grade one - the spectra dew. I've not used it to double pump but you can. It seems as good as the one I had at the hospital.

Thank you both I had been looking at the spectra and it was looking too good for the price it's good to know others like it

Thanks with my daughter I had to a argue that it was having an effect on breastfeeding and it took until she was twelve weeks before they could get me an appointment even though it was discovered at birth. With my son we again noticed straight away and it was cut at around a week old because that was the first available appointment to have it done, cutting the tie isn't something that most hospitals around here do we lived in thirsk and had to travel two hours up to Newcastle as that was the closest place and I had to really kick up a huge fuss and harass the hell out of everyone to get that appointment if I had been less strong willed I would have given up my son couldn't latch on his own due. To the tie so I had to use shields as it was too painful not to for me breastfeeding has always been due to cost and because it's supposed to be best for baby it's never been a bonding or enjoyable experience at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->