Best formula for tummy trouble?

CountryMama14

Reaction score
My 3 week old little boy doesn't seem to agree with formula completely. We've had him on Similac, and so far we've tried regular Similac Advanced and when that started causing him some constipation his doctor told us to try Similac for fussiness and gas. That was going fine for a day or so, but then he started spitting up like crazy from that one. Any tips?

enfamil gentlease (its for stomach, gas and fussiness) works wonders for our little girl!

My son hated similac, even the orange sensitive can. It made him fussy, gassy, and constipated. It was also the only time he spit up. I switched to the enfamil gentlease (purple can) and it worked great. He was still a little fussy but the constipation and spit up stopped. We are now on the Gerber Soothe. Gerber has a gentle and a soothe. The soothe is AMAZING. No spit up, no fussing, gas, or constipation. He is the happiest baby ever.

I've just switched to Enfamil's Gentlease and yes, it is doing wonders!

But I appreciate the reviews on the Similac Gentle Formula. I was thinking of switching after a few months when DD was a bit older because it's cheaper and Similac is not stingy on mailing out coupons. I also have a cupboard full of free samples from them. I may have to put that off now!

We use Similac sensitive (DH has a lactose sensitivity and we think she inherited it), but the store brand version...for some reason the actual Similac brand name kind gives her terrible poos but the generic doesnt...we recently started adding in enfamil AR (added rice starch) which helps with spitup (and is similar/the same as the Similac for Spit up in the chartreuse container), as for several days she was spitting up CONSTANTLY, and this seems to be helping (plus Enfamil sends me a ton of those wonderful checks for $ off, so that helps out!) So when i make her bottle i do half sensitive and half AR and this seems to be good for her right now :thumbup:

We tried eight different formulas, the only one that worked for my daughter was the Similac Sensitive Ready to Feed...ONLY the Ready to Feed one though, the powder gives her gas and constipation. It is expensive but all other formulas that we tried made her scream 24/7.

We are on Gerber Soothe and so far its been very good, she is way less gassy than she was on Enfamil Newborn.

We tried enfamil gentlease but it gave dd horrible smelling gas. Now we use the target version of gentlease and it works great for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->