Best value clothing for a 27weeker?

angelstardust

mother of 3
Reaction score
My neighbours brother and SIL have just had a little girl weigh 2lb8oz. Baby is doing well for the moment.

They (neighbour and husband) have asked about clothing, not for now, but to save up and buy some closer to coming home time.

My premmies were larger (over 5lb) so were in tiny baby sizes, but what will a 27weeker be coming home in?

Where is the best place to buy online in the UK?

(obviously everyone is fully aware of the sensitive nature of littles but we are all thinking positive and planning for her coming home at some point)

ETA, I have reccomended the peenyweeny baby site for dummies and the scent absorbing comforter and pillows, any other must haves?

21 views and not one reply.

Cheers guys. Will not be reccomending this forum for support.

Depending on her weight gain she maybe in newborn by then. If not mothercare & boots do 5lb baby clothes. Asda & Tesco do tiny baby which is 6lb and next do tiny baby 7 1/2lb.

Never used any online retainers for my preemie as mothercare & boots do clothes from 3lb

Hope this helps

In the hospital they provided a preemie dummy and when she came home she just had a normal one and she was only 5lb. TBH apart from having to buy smaller clothes and nappies I never bought anything especially for preemie babies.

Sorry - have only just come on here for the first time today, been busy with LO! I have found the forum to be the biggest support since I found out at 25 weeks that I was having my baby early and the ladies on here always give support where they can. I'm sure people must just have been busy but will get around to replying eventually - maybe all the people who viewed it weren't preemie mummies and weren't able to answer the question.

Sophie was a 27 weeker and when she came home she weighed 5lb 6. I bought just a couple of "tiny baby" size things from Mothercare but never bought any special premmie clothes. By the time Sophie came home she was almost able to get away with newborn things. Asda and Mothercare were good for tiny baby sizes.

I really recomend Boots and tesco. Mothercare i found were massive and still are on harry x

Ella was 3lbs 4oz when she was born we got a lot of her clothes from Mothercare as they do an under 1.5kg range. Mamas and papas do some very small sizes too, we got lots of vests from there. Ella got use out of hers til she was about 10wks old by that time we were into the asda tiny baby range

Angelstardust I can pretty much promise any of the regulars on this forum who could relate and help wouldnt have read and run hunny :hugs: we always support others because its so quiet in this bit!

Boots and Next were ideal for us. Someone gave us Next stuff and it was so perfect size. :)

I got tiny clothes from here
https://www.babyprem.com/
They are really good, free postage and most arrived the next day.

21 views and not one reply.

Cheers guys. Will not be reccomending this forum for support.

How bloody rude!!

Did it not enter your head that maybe someone didn't know the answer? Or people get caught in the middle of something, like the phone ringing? Or a nappy change? Don't forget that guests also use this forum so they can't reply.

Babyprem, peenyweeny and google.

I chose mamas and papas, rather than the prem sites which I think are too expensive. You can buy 3 sleep suits for £15 and sizes go from 3lb baby onwards. It's great quality too.

Hi Angel :D I haven't been on here since Thursday evening, so I didn't spot your post until now. I too have found this premmie forum an incredibly supportive place.

Congratulations to your neighbour, I'm pleased to hear that baby is doing well.

I would say that the answer to your question rather depends on how much weight and at what age the 27weeker comes home. They may be 5lb by the time NICU discharge, they may be smaller (Andrew was 4lb).

I saw fantastic tiny-baby (5lb) clothing in Boots & Mothercare. However, I couldn't afford most of that and ended up buying second-hand bundles from eBay instead. I also had a good online friend who had had a premmie boy a few months earlier, and she sent me some of his clothes :kiss:

My baby was born at almost 30 weeks and weighed 2lb 9oz.
She is 5 weeks old now and 3lb 14oz already! They grow so quickly that I wouldn't buy too small stuff.
Mothercare up to 5lb fits Eve fine and I've even put her in some asdas tiny baby stuff.
Just to warn you though, Eve is long so 3/4lb clothes didn't fit her & obviously every baby is different so your friends baby might need smaller stuff if that makes sense
Also think of practicalities, over the head clothes are hard to put on in an incubator!

We bought a few things online but they were expensive
This was my fav https://www.teddyandme.co.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"