best vids for male factor? wellman or aminoexpert fertil m pro

amandajones

Reaction score
Hi ladies, My first post here: We've been TTC #1 for 14 cyles. Last week, semen analysis confirmed that DH has a pretty low count (11ml per ml, everything else apparently just ok). We dont qualify for NHS treatment and now of course the clinic wants us to do IVF.. but I have read that some vids can help his improve his count? Shouldnt I try this first?

DH has actually been taking Wellman Conception, coz they are cheap but they dont seem to be wokring. Has anyone taken these? I read once that aminoexpert fertil pro is also good but cant find the page anymore.. bit lost here. Sorry for the clueless first post.:blush:

Love
Ax

Hi Amanda, welcome. I am currently TTC for #2. #1 was really, but this time is difficult. Hubby's also on Wellman and I am on Pregnacare. I wasn’t aware of fertil m pro and I really like it. I might get it for hubby. Sadly they do not have anything for women?

I have seen men take fertilaid and be successful with it. Personally my dh's count went up from one million mobile to 7 million mobile from taking a supplement called horny goat weed. It seems to be the only thing that did anything for him. Even more than surgery and prescription meds. Good luck! What is his count?

Welcome amanda, I am a food lab technician and have done a lot of research, because our boys can indeed take vids for their boys :laugh2:.

The short answer is that there is no magic pill. Orthomol fertil plus is good, because it come with omega-3s, but costs about £70 a month.. bit expensive. I also looked into Wellman and although it does have a few good antioxidants, this does not help with low count. Antioxidants can help with normal shapes and to some extend with progressive movement, but there is a lot more your DH can do. :spermy:

Basically the way to go are amino acids, specifically arginine and carnitine. They improve sperm count, movement and volume.. ideally combine that with antioxidants, then you get the full effect.

We ended up going with amitamin fertilsan M + extra omega 3 and vitamin E, but aminoexpert fertil M PRO also looks fine.. it is a bit cheaper and has vitamin A, but a less aminos. The main thing is that both have arginine and carnitine. To be honest I can hardly see a difference between the products.

Don’t waste your time with wellman, or FertilAid - both don't include aminos. Wellman is a big brand, but there is no substance behind it and they rely to a large extend on the placebo effect (i.e. believing that the vids will help - the problem is that you will never know for sure if you got pregnant just because of the vids), although there is little science behind it). Yes, it is cheaper, but you pay for what you get.

TTC is straight forward probabilities. You have to do everything you can to maximise your chance and that includes the best supps for both of us, BBM temperature tracking & LH-surge measurement for me.

Make sure to work out your ovulation day. Then have BMS the night before, then in the morning and the night of ovulation day itself and the morning after. Take some vids, be healthy, a little patient, very determined and you should be fine :winkwink:

OMG ladies, you are amazing! I just got off the phone and cant believe how fast you are. :happydance:

froggyfrog, his count is 11 million. He has been told he needs to double that...

I really like yellowglows tips with aminos, extra omegas and especially her BMS timing around ovulation, which is exactly what we will do!

I will go for aminoexpert fertil m pro first, because it is cheaper than fertilsan + I will buy the extra omega 3 and vitamins on amazon.

Will keep you posted. Thank you so much again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->