Best way to wean 4 month old who is not in high chair

Celine35

Lucy, aged 4 and 39wks
Reaction score
Hi all,
LO is 17 wks and i've decided to give him a little baby rice in mornings - he's a big baby, draining his bottles and smacks his little lips together when we're eating so i think he's ready. Anyway as he's not in a HC would you just hold him? put him in his car seat for support?
Any advice appreciated!

:hugs:

have you got a bumbo, they are brill for feeding

I put Dylan in his Bumbo when I can't be bothered getting the highchair out :blush:. It's great, as I can just wipe it and its all clean again.

I didn't have a highchair at all at first and I just sat her in in her bouncing chair (without the vibrations on of course) or got out her boppy for some sitting support on the couch:thumbup:

Great ideas - was thinking of getting a bumbo actually, would you def recommend one Krissie or anyone else?

xx

Yes Bumbos are fab!! I used to use it to pop him while I was cooking in the kitchen or cleaning upstairs. Gave him a couple of toys and away he went! I still used it for feeding until about a month ago when he suddenly decided to make a bid for freedom :dohh:!!!

When I first started giving DD solids at 6 months I'd feed her while she sat in her exersaucer. She could sit fully upright in it so I felt it helped her with eating. She'll still sit in there and munch on Cheereos. I didn't start using her high chair until she was 7+ months.

argos do high chairs tht are sutible.. although i just bought luisa a reg one and popped a pillow behind her lol

either tht or in the bumbo

bumbo def worth buying you can take it anywhere.. dont even have to buy one new have a look on ebay xxx

we used a bumbo too :D need a tray to keep him in it though!

I'd definately recommend the bumbo :) I have a highchair, but I still end up using the bumbo most of the time because it's so much easier!

i agree with the other ladies who said bumbo!!
either that or a bouncy chair xxx

bouncy chair for us.. but only because i cant decide on a highchair! :D

Yeh Bumbo's are ace, great for taking out and about too! I'll be taking it on holiday with us.

Listened to your advice girlies and got a bumbo yesterday - he loves it being able to watch everyone, it's such a nice change from him being on his play mat - thanks everyone!

:hugs:

I think we're going to have to use Findlay's swing or bouncy chair when we start weaning him in 2 weeks as I can't see what else we can use with his development being 5 weeks behind his age and him being so teeny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->