Bethanie refusing to eat

T

Tilly

Hi all,

Recently, everytime we try to feed Bethanie she will have one mouthful, make a funny face then will shake her head or hit the spoon away anytime we go to give her another spoon. It's not that she doesn't like the food as she is refusing stuff she usually likes, although we have tried to give her some more lumpy food recently..

She has her first tooth (it's come through but still small), so I don't know if shes in pain with that - her cheeks and pretty red recently but she has no problem eating yoghurt/fruit purees (they're cold and soft) so I think thats why?

Im worried shes going hungry, but at the same time I want her to be eating chunks rather than purees and soft foods..

Any ideas???

Thanks

if its just cos her teeth hun, just puree her food again, no harm in her eating it for a week or 2! chloe loved ice poles wen she was teething :D or frozen smoothies x

I hope it's her teeth, but im worried i've turned into a bad cook.. lol not really but it's so odd, shes never been an overly fussy eater.:loopy: I don't know for sure if it is her gums that are hurting.. :/ ah babies..

babies go throigth phases of not liking what they used to, maybe things taste different to her now, chloe swears she loves pizza one noght and by the next week she hates it!

Hi hun

If her cheeks are red and puffy, she could be getting more teeth, or fed up of eating purees, have you tried giving her shredded chicken, tuna, pasta, just cut it up really small, abbie was eating our food at 10 months, texture and diff flavours, worked for her...

Hi hun

If her cheeks are red and puffy, she could be getting more teeth, or fed up of eating purees, have you tried giving her shredded chicken, tuna, pasta, just cut it up really small, abbie was eating our food at 10 months, texture and diff flavours, worked for her...
She has eaten chunky food for ages, since she was 7 months she has eaten the hipp organic jars (they are chunky) and home cooked food. She already has her food mashed and finger foods - banana, cheese, cucumber, toast.. and has had no problems with it, up until the last few days that is.

The only reason I mentioned purees was because she has porridge, yoghurt, fruit purees, weetabix.. all of which she loves to eat, but as soon as it gets to lunch or dinner time, she goes funny.

Sorry, I must have written it a bit confusingly.

have u tried nelson teething crystals from boots it sooths the tooth ache this may help her when ur feedingher she maybe more ina mood to eat food if she hungry she will tel u good luck babe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->