Between NTNP and TTC - the iphone ap

CandiceSj

Reaction score
Where is the line between NTNP and TTC? We are hoping to conceive and are being relaxed about it, but I still have my iphone ap telling me when I am most likely to be fertile and I try to take advantage of that time to BD. So I feel like I am TTC, but without *too* much effort. To you guys, is it NTNP or TTC? What if I use a OPK for one or two months to better know how right my iphone ap is to be even more precise in increasing the chances?

It's still a relaxed approach but we are definitely "trying". I'm not trying as hard as lots of women in the TTC forum though. I think you NTNP women are "kind of" trying like I am, right?

And last Q: Who has an ap to help follow their cycles? Which one? Is it worth it to buy the full premium version?

I'd say I'm relaxed TTC, I've got an app to follow cycles, just a little bit easier than writing it down and doing the calculations

However I'm not getting my hopes up each month just seeing where life takes us :D

I was NTNP which in my opinion is nothing more than carrying on your normal sex life but without the contraception ... writing down when I got my period and maybe looking out for CM (which was pretty obvious to be fair) but not writing it down. Just bding whenever but as we don't usually got more than 2-3 days we weren't likely to miss the fertile window anyway.
Much more than that and I class is as full on TTC.

x

I think im more relaxed TTC. I used OPKs the first cycle, but it just becomes quite addictive and stressful, and thats the last thing I need.

Im still using preseed, as I suffer from dryness and I dont have a lot of CM (sorry, TMI), but other than that, I reckon we're still leading our normal sex life. I have an app from the Android market on my phone.. so I still know when my fertile days are, and thats when we tend to use the preseed more.

Im a bit stuck between NTNP and TTC though :wacko: either way.. fingers crossed :)

I think we're all in the same boat too. I also consider it relaxed TTC where I have a hint of when I'm most fertile and we might BD a tiny bit more than we would otherwise, it's still mostly our regular sex life taking its course with the hope of conceiving.

On a scale of 1-5:

1 is NTNP and 5 is TTC

I would say my husband is a 2 and I am a 3. :)

I'm also using an app (or two lol), and trying to get hubs to BD every other day (but often miss 2 days in a row) and not stressing if it doesn't happen. I have no idea if I actually O when the app says I'm fertile (they both show different dates even), so it really is strictly a guidline. Nice regular cycle though.

I'm not sure if I'm classed as NTNP (cause NT doesn't suit me at all!) or TTC (don't know when or even if I O) so I float in both forums.

Which app do you have OP?
I have free menstrual calendar by tamtris web services as well as period tracker lite. Both free, and I see no reason to pay. Both do everything I need, and if I ever become hardcore TTC The FMC app is linked with fertility friend and let's you put in OPK, CF and temps. I think it's my favourite of the two apps and much more discreet, but I like how P tracker lite let's you put your symptoms.

NTNP is how you personally choose to define it. To some people its simply not using contraception, to others they know where they are in their cycle but don't make any extra effort to have sex around their fertile period, unless they feel naturally more horny.

I class us as NTNP, but certainly I'm a bit like HopeBabySoon in that I am more TTC than my OH!
I currently use the app on my HTC to track my periods and make an effort to BD more during the fertile times, but we are just having :sex: when we feel like it. I also try and do things that my OH likes but don't result in conception in my less fertile times.
I'm not using OV tests, I'm not altering my life style (alcohol, vitamins etc) until I know I'm pg. I'm not going to test till after AF is due, and to that end only have the more expensive HPTs, as having ICs really was too much of a temptation, and I could have easily developed a POAS addiction!

NDH: I have Period Tracker Lite too and I quite like it! I write when I get my period and when we BD as well as some symptoms if I remember to. It's just useful for me to keep track of when I can expect my period and when I *might* be more fertile. I'm not very organised, but I like to have my phone on me so it works well. Without it, I probably would have no clue when I have my period!

I will look up the other ap you mentioned to see how it is.

Celesse: That's a reasonable definition! For the past months I belong in NTNP more than TTC in my approach because we didn't do *anything* to make it happen, but to me, we are trying still. Our goal is to get pregnant, we just figure we're pretty fertile and that it will happen soon. Might not be the case though - secondary infertility is not that uncommon. Next month I'm going up a notch in trying with the help of an OPK and BD that same day hopefully. I might try charting the month after, mostly because I want to explore how well it might work as a form of birth control after a next baby.

I use Period tracker lite and classed myself as NTNP. Realised I fancied DTD during the 'green dot' window a bit more than usual (I think that happens naturally anyway)! As it happened, I got pg that very same month!!!

Hi Everyone,
Well, having not heard the term NTNP before I think it's perfect to describe where we are, as like HopeBabySoon there's a discrepancy between where I am (probs a 4/5) and my Hubby (2/3).
I feel like I'm putting pressure him but since m/c in Oct last year after contraceptive failure, I've been getting broodier & broodier & he's taking much longer to come round to the idea, so that's why the difference.

We're not using contraception anymore and I'm keeping an eye on fertile times using an iPhone app, so we'll see eh? Although I really hope our Christmas timings were succesful :winkwink:

Wishes & baby dust to you all,

B x

anjadoem: My husband sometimes asks me if we're in the fertile times and if so, will use it to "tempt" me into bed. LOL. And I tend to be more in the mood right before my period so he has two more active times of the month.

Beximus: Good luck!! Me and my husband are not quite at the same place in TTC, but he is still open and OK to go along with however much I want to try.

I have period tracker lite. I really like it.

I think NTNP and TTC are not that different. For me... all I am saying is I am not temping or tracking CM, but we are hoping to get pregnant. I know a general time frame when I am fertile, but I don't make a big deal about it with my DH. We just want it to happen naturally without too much pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->