Bf probs -chiropractor?.

bonbon

Mum to Seb born nov09
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has any experience with using a chiropractor to help with bf probs?

My 2nd DS is 2.5weeks old and has been exclusively fb from day1. I have had mastitis which has now cleared up but I am still getting pain during&after bf him. I have had midwife & doc check his latch & they say it looks perfect. I have fantastic milk supply, if anything it's could b a little fast flow for DS so it can't be that he is sucking hard to get milk flowing.

I had issues feeding DSno1 (mastitis,thrush,blocked ducts, painful feeds & an abscess) but I persevered and fed him for 7months - hating every minute of it!

I don't want history to repeat itself & wondered if a chiropractor may be able to help????? Both sons were born via c sections (DS1emc and DS2 planned) and I've read online that it can cause probs with bf and a chiropractor can help?

Any advice would b great fully received
Bonbon

Never heard of this but I'm interested to see if it has helped others. I know chiropractors help a lot of other problems so I wouldn't be surprised if it did help.

I saw a chiropractor throughout my pregnancy and after my c-section, I also take my son. I don't know if you are talking about you or him going, but you should both go.

I don't think it is related, but I have oversupply. I think that comes from the constant hospital grade pumping when DS was in the NICU. But it can't hurt.

I've been begging DH to go to the chiro since I started going a year ago, he finally popped a rib out of place and went to get out of pain, and he's sold. He said he has noticed a huge emotional improvement, not just with the physical pain.

It really can't hurt.

Our chiropractor came and visited our LO while she was in the NICU and adjusted her neck for us. She was having issues latching on one side, but afterwards she was much more comfortable and we were both able to relax and work on our latching technique. I have been regularly seeing a chiropractor since I was 8. DH was super skeptical until I managed to get him in for a chiropractor I was working for about 5 years ago. Now if DH has the slightest pain he makes an appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->