BFN of AF Surprise?

amym

Solomon's mummy
Reaction score
Trying to work out how to post a poll - bear with me ladies!

Essentially, my question is:

Is it better to have BFNs so you know AF is coming and can prepare yourself, but are disappointed each BFN

OR

To not test until AF late, meaning you have more hope but maybe a bigger disappointment?

Obviously, BFP woudl be preferred but since that seems to be 20% chance or similar, the other alternatives are more likely. Booooooo!

I would rather not test unless AF was late. I can't stand the :bfn: then wondering if you just tested too early and maybe you could still be preggo. Breaks my heart.

BFN's are the worst ever - i would much rather just get AF- at least then i could console myself with how much money i saved! on saying that i do POAS before AF is due and always get BFN's. So in theory i wish i could wait for AF but it reality it never happens!

honestly I think bfns before af is worse because face it....you can sometimes get confusing evaps that can lead you astray.
I'd rather wait for af to arive. Not like I ever have though.....Mind you this is coming from someone who ISN'T trying to get pregnant (even though if I was it definitly wouldn't be the end of the world lol) I'm just on here to get some questions answered, then hey, wouldn't mind talking to people going through the same thing.

Looks like I'm the only one! i prefer to test and know I'm not, i never know when to expect my period so I hate getting my hopes up. I test as soon as I can and then at least I know x

I'm with you Scamp, i prefer to test before AF is due and know if to expect AF. Always a BFN and always expect AF. Knowing it's on its way gives me time to come up with a new plan of action for my next cycle.

Today i'm waiting for AF to show after a BFN, and i already know what we're doing differently next cycle :D

Im with scamp and cheekybint, I would rather test and get a BFN then wait for AF to arrive. I am so used to the BFN's that it doesn't even hurt that much anymore. I think I will faint in disbelief whenever I do get a BFP. At least if I test I know that I can expect AF this month.

i dont test until I am late....so I guess that is what I prefer.
partially because I dont want to see a chemical pregnancy
I dont want to see a BFN because that doesnt mean that AF is coming....so I still stress out.

Also I will probably spend more money testing before, because I would want to keep testing until AF shows up.

I feel like if I don't test and wait for AF my hopes are getting up and then AF hits and its really disappointing and a bad surprise, but if I had already tested and got BFNs then I would be more emotionally prepared for the likelihood of my AF coming. so I agree with Scamp and the rest who say BFNs before AF are better for me.

I would rather not test unless AF was late. I can't stand the :bfn: then wondering if you just tested too early and maybe you could still be preggo. Breaks my heart.

my sentiments exactly! :thumbup:

ok so im different haha i think that BFNs are better because it prepares me for AF and if i was to get BFN and AF didnt show then my hopes wouldnt have been so high and it would be a big suprise if i got a BFP then. does that make sense haha

I would rather not test unless AF was late, the :bfn: are so stressfull and I end up being grumpy , poor DH.

I've tested each cycle from about 9dpo then got lines and AF still came....so for me it just gets my hopes up then for AF to come right on time. This cycle I'm not temping and won't test unless AF hasn't arrived on time (I'm never late)

i know this thread is old lol but i always wonder what other ppl do also, i like to wait for AF, ive tried both ways..both ways are disappointing but i think seeing bfns is worse..especially because no matter what u always will tell urself "oh maybe its just too early" besides it helps that i almost always get the same symptoms for af to come and usually at like 10dpo so it kind of saves me money and tells me that im out at the same time hehe :winkwink:

my sentiments exactly! :thumbup:

I agree, too.... I never believe my :bfn: results because sooooo many women get them before they get a :bfp: If I see one more :bfn: I think I will scream lol!!!!

For me I think waiting for :af: is better because :bfn:'s are the worst and so heartbreaking...:-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->