Bfp today after severe pre eclampsia

sunshine82

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I've literally got my bfp today I have a little boy who's almost three.

Went to doctors today as got bfp she said BP really high and pulse so I have white coat. I have a issue with having bp done since my pre e.

Obstetric consultant wanted me referred at 6 weeks of future preg anyway so she's put urgent referall through. Even now at home it's still high think the worry of getting high BP is stressing me already. I'm worried that the high bp could cause probs normally at home bp fairly normal. Gp said to keep a log to take to consultant so will do that and how will go back to normal once excitement of this morning!

I'm so nervous but over the moon!

Hi Britt :)
How are you doing? Be good to share experiences x

I was trying to type a longer response and my son closed the window! I didnt know that posted, lol. My daughter was induced at 37 weeks due to Pre E. I was hospitalized for 4 weeks before she was born and then about a week after. With my son, I did really have too much trouble. It did start creeping up but nothing terrible and when i went with my contractions it was higher like 160/90 ish and they didn't like that but at that point, he was on his way. I stalled at 6 cm and they had to induce but he was a really easy delivery and recovery. I didn't have any trouble.

However, every time i go to the MD my BP is about 20 points higher than at home. I keep a log. The first OB appointment it was 167/74 and my pulse was like 100. But at home it varies anywhere from 112/65 ish - 135/78, depending on what has been going on. So I hope this goes as well as the last one.

Hopefully all will continue without any difficulties.

Hello! I gave birth to an uigr baby because of undiagnosed high BP w my son. The placenta started failing at 22 weeks and he stopped growing; at 27 weeks he was showing signs of distress and I had severe pre eclampsia so I had a csection. Things were grim, Details in my sig. Fast forward today and he's a healthy bright 6 year old!

For my daughter the doctor was proactive: I lost weight pre pregnancy (only 20 lbs but it really helped), I have have well daily bloodthinner injections, baby aspirin, BP medication etc. Pregnancy was a breeze! She was born full term , no issues.

Hi Britt :)

Thanks for your message. It sounds like we are in a really similar situation here.
I too was in hospital for a month before my ds arrived. My BP was slightly high last time at booking in at 8 weeks so I was on consultant led care from 13 weeks but it was fine throughout until about 31 weeks when I got visual disturbances I started seeing like gold glitter! Puffed up badly I went in to hospital at 33 weeks and other than a few times they thought I was okay to go home and swiftly readmitted.
My BP was about 170/112 which is scary! Induced at 38+4 as on two BP tablets and proteins and still BP went really high and my ds who is nearly three now was fine and weighed 6lb 7oz he's amazing. I'm so lucky.

When I went to doctors this one they said BP not far off of that again! Pulse 129 it's nothing like this at home maybe the bottom figure is a little bit high but I'm getting around 130/85 on average at home... I'm keeping a diary for consultant. I don't want to get into this BP machine fear again tho! I don't know why it happens I just panic!

Anyway I will hope things sort themselves out and it calms down and me haha!

I feel so blessed to be pregnant again so really want to enjoy it as this will be our final baby... I want pre eclampsia to stay away this time.

Will see how we go! I would love to keep thread going and support each other!

:hugs: xx

Hi Vermeil

Sorry I was trying to reply and my battery went!

Thanks so much for your reply and sharing your experiences. I'm sorry you went through so much with your pre eclampsia. I feel fortunate I got to 38 weeks. I'm glad things all worked out well in the end though for you and your son and he's doing well. My little ones is fine too and nearly three- it goes so fast!

Like you sad about doctors being more proactive second time around I hope that will be the case for me too! I too lost some weight initially about a stone and a half so hope that helps! And also having good medical team looking after me this time and hope prevent it... Sounds promising that your pregnancy went smoothly second time I hope that's the case for me! I get anxiety and don't like getting my BP taken at medical settings which isn't helpful!! It's always really high and then it's a vicious circle as i worry about it being high again! It's not too bad at home!

We will see what happens over the coming weeks! I think aspirin was mentioned when I saw the consultant when my ds was about 6 weeks old as they wanted to discuss future pregnancy etc and I think they have a action plan of sorts so that's reassuring:)

Thanks again for sharing positive experience of second pregnancy xx

My PreE wasn't so severe for me to suffer any long term issues but I was induced early due to a combination of that at my sons growth being poor.

I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm now nearly 36 weeks with my second and (touch wood) so far PreE is keeping away and my 2nd DS is growing well.

I have been under mixed care, consultant and midwife. From 12 weeks I've been on 75mg of aspirin, from 20 weeks I've been having my Bp done regularly and from 30 weeks I've been having a growth scan every 2 weeks to monitor his growth.

As other ladies have said they are being very proactive this time to try and make sure it all goes as it should. It's a big reassurance ☺

Hope all goes well for you x

Hi ladies, I was about to post about pre e when I saw this one! I had a text book perfect pregnancy with my first daughter, but was induced at 35 weeks for severe preeclampsia, wound up almost dying and needing a blood transfusion. The thing was I had every sign/symptom but high bp, because my BP only went up at night. They only finally caught it because of protein in my urine. So here I am at almost 13 weeks. I'm super excited my Dr is taking this very seriously and has already sent me for a ton of labs.

Hoping to bump this. I've just found out I'm pregnant on Tuesday. I would say about 4 weeks now. Due May.5th/2017.

My situation however... Is very tricky. After being hospitalized for 3 weeks I had a baby April.27th2016, 4 months ago. I had him at 31 weeks and 4 days due to pre-eclampsia. I was a surrogate, so this baby had no biological attachment to me, I just carried the embryo. And he's doing well now. He spent a while in NICU, but of the 3 levels of NICU he never went to the top (worst level) and never need oxygen which was great!

I'm unexpectedly pregnant now. I didn't plan to be, I went off my birth control because it raised my BP and failed to do something, and apparently my husband and I continued to have fun lol.
I've seen the OB who handled my situation in the hospital and she advised me not to go through with the pregnancy. But I really want it, before seeing her I was really excited about this baby. :( I know only I can decided what to do. But I find this is eating up every second of my thoughts. My blood pressure usually sits just below the 120s/80s. So about the pre-hypertension stage.

What would you ladies do?

What was the reason that your OB said not to continue? Just because of Pre-E?

I had pre-e with my son, it came on quickly and he was delivered at 34+6 due to mild IUGR, protein and raised BP.

I'm not 40+6 with DS2 and have had no signs what so ever of Pre-E with this pregnancy. Just because you have had it once does not guarantee you will get it again. I had low(ish) PAPP-A at the beginning of this pregnancy but that's it x

I would say because of the pre-e yes. It's technically 3 months between pregnancies since I'm 4 weeks, and I'll give birth twice in less than 12 months.

Most post I can find one line about women talking about their pre-e pregnancies have at LEAST 2 years between the pregnancies. Not to mention I had a c-section as well.

Ahh I see, so more probably the time scale. I've had 2 1/2 years between pregnancies. Can you discuss the risks more with her? X

There is plenty you can do see my list on page 1. Go to a hospital with a good nicu and ask to see a high risk doctor. A generalist ob won't have the experience to deal with your case. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->