bh or real contractions?

tristansmum

Reaction score
I'm 40+6. Had bh throughout third tri. Well today they are super intense. Had them for 3+ hours now and I've been in the car, sat at mil, in car again, walked round Tesco and now eating lunch and they have not stopped. Some are a bit painful and others are not. Also having masses of discharge. Been losing plug all week (sweep Monday and yesterday) but today its more watery. I was 2-3cm yesterday. Does this sound promising? I was induced with my son so when I got contractions I knew that's what they were.

i think this could be it try timing them and good luck

They stopped for a hour just as hubby got the iPad out with the contraction app lol. Started again but so far not painful. Guessing this could be early labour. Booked in for waters to be broken tomorrow morning.

Trying to time them now as hubby getting worried. Might ring labour ward and ask....

Ooh, so exciting. Fingers crossed this is it. Good luck xx

Sounds like 'slow' labour to me. It's all useful as it's positioning baby and warming up the muscles. It's important to rest and drink and eat plenty in this time. I had 3 days of that on and off before my 2nd arrived - just try not to get concerned about them until they get properly painful or your waters break. :thumbup: Good luck xxx

So had to find this tread again to say yep I was in labour! Had my son at 23.10 that night. Regular painless contractions can very quickly become very painful! :)

I've been so curious about how labor starts. I didn't really experience it with my DD because I was induced, so I'm pretty much clueless. :) Congrats again!!

Yes, I would call and see. WIth my first son I had to be induced...well with both I did but with him my cervix wouldn't soften so to help me out and get labor started they put a gel behind my cervix to soften and start contractions off...went through this 3 times, 3 times it would give me contractions to where I thought it was labor, twice it was not..the third time I was in pain all night but they weren't regular so I figured nothing until morning when they started to hurt, called dr and told him but said they were not regular and he told me just to go in... I was 5 cm dilated! Of course I get in and labor ceased! SO they broke my water and still wasn't having strong enough contractions so they hooked me up to petocin. So you never know!

So had to find this tread again to say yep I was in labour! Had my son at 23.10 that night. Regular painless contractions can very quickly become very painful! :)

So I am just wounderijng if you managed your vbac as I'm due sat baby no6 had emer c sec in nov2010 and I am worriued things just gho wrong congrats to you on the birth of your babba:baby:

So I am just wounderijng if you managed your vbac as I'm due sat baby no6 had emer c sec in nov2010 and I am worriued things just gho wrong congrats to you on the birth of your babba:baby:

Yes I got my vbac! I put my birth story over in birth stories section. Basically went from 4-10cm in two hours on gas and air. Took a hour to push him out. He came out with his hand by his hand and very mild shoulder dystocia but doctor there and he came out fine. It was a very intense painful labour and pushing was harder than I expected BUT I'm so happy I did it. Got stiches but its day 4 and I'm feeling good. So much better than after my emcs. I honestly could never actually see myself getting a vbac even though I've known its what I wanted since my emcs. You can do it and its worth it! I feel complete now.

Thank you this is gonna be hard for me I think but I'm ready to do natural again hated the recovery frm my em c sec

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->