Bicornuate Uterus Anyone?

jejw91

Reaction score
hiya everyone! i havent posted in here for ages!
so nice to be back!

Just a quick question really,

i had an early scan at 6 weeks preg (im now 13+1), they then told me i had a bicornuate uterus, i was never told this in my first pregnancy which was fine.

i as just wandering what this means in the way of check ups etc. will they keep a closer eye or just carry on as normal??

appreciate any response

thanks!! :thumbup:

Hi I have a bicornuate too - discovered at an early scan too, I did get a lot of extra scans and my daughter was born 11 weeks early because of it - she implanted in a place which mean she couldnt grow any further in the space she was in, my bicornuate is guite pronounced, some dont affect the size and shape so much- it was a natural birth and she is fine.

I suspect though that because you have had a previous pregnancy that went well that they will leave you to get on with it unless you are worried and ask for some extra scans. Theres not a lot they can do for this though - dont google, I scared myself terribly when I heard I had one!! I know several mums now who have BC too and all have had successful pregnancies!

I have one abs my pregnancies have been perfect no worries

My gf has one and she's had 2 babies with no complications. As long as the baby doesn't implant right on the invert then baby should be fine. Congrats on your pregnancy and enjoy it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->