Big Belly on Ultrasound.

KrissyKris22

Reaction score
Okk soo two weeks ago I had an appointment and my doctor said the baby was measuring at 36weeks and I was only turning 33weeks in two days. So she scheduled for me to have an ultrasound.

So yesterday I had an ultrasound and they said the baby measured well and weighed 6lbs but his stomach was kinda big. They asked me if I had GD and I said noo. They said if anything the baby may be kinda chunky and when I have him he may weigh about 8lbs.

My question is has anyone else gone through this? Should I be worried?

I have an appointment on Thursday with my doctor so I will ask her then. But I just want some input from you ladies as well :).

No experience wit lh the best g belly thing but I am measuring ahead as well and sm having an us at next appointment to check baby size but I'm not worried as both my boys were big 8&9lbs born early term (37&38w) with no GD. I am just more worried about labor watching to be sure I don't g lo into labor before 36-37w. I hate not being in control!

Thanx for the response. And I hear ya. I kinda worried too since my doc said I'll probably go into labor within the next few weeks. I'll be 36weeks next week. With my first ds I had him at 38 & 4 so we shall see I guess lol.

I had this at 34 weeks and they tested again for GD which showed up as positive (at my 28 week GD test I passed it and didn't have GD!) are they testing you again? I was quite worried at first but the docs aren't too concerned and at my last appointment at 38 weeks they said they tummy wasn't as large as previously thought so try not to worry too much x

I had this at 34 weeks and they tested again for GD which showed up as positive (at my 28 week GD test I passed it and didn't have GD!) are they testing you again? I was quite worried at first but the docs aren't too concerned and at my last appointment at 38 weeks they said they tummy wasn't as large as previously thought so try not to worry too much x

When I was at the ultrasound they said I didn't need a follow up and they wasn't concerned but I have an appt this week so I'm going to ask my doctor about it. Thanx for the response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->