Big fuss over nothing!

xxembobxx

Reaction score
Saw a consultant today for a temporary arthritis condition I have - I only wanted to know what to take instead of ibuprofen should I have a flare up.
But the consultant seemed more concerned with a partial retained placenta I had in a previous pregnancy 16 years ago.

I don't understand where the fuss has come from. They seem to be making a big deal of it and yet I don't recall them doing that with the 2 pregnancies since. It has also been mentioned a lot that there is concern due it being my 5th pregnancy.
Do they just worry more nowadays or is age maybe a factor? I don't feel old :shrug: and I seem to be an average age for the women I see at MW appts.

Don't let it worry you in the slightest! Retained placentas are very specific to that birth and pregnnacy (as you know having had 2 more since), having a 5th child isn't an indicator of problems (as you know from NICE guidlines), and your age doesn't mean that you suddendly will be needing a zummer-frame to deliver with!! It's laughable really. You are the definition of health having been so fertile.. why do us pregnant women get treated as though we are sick all the time!

My mind boggles where consultants are concerned! They seem to have a need to find something or anything that could be a problem - Obst just are not about normal births. If there is nothing obviously wrong with you, they go looking for it... and it is only when they don't find anything that they sit and think. "well that's strange.. You must be normal then, but I could be wrong?!" lol!

Thanks for sharing it raised a smile! :)

XxX

The mind does boggle indeed :haha: Mountain and molehill spring to mind :winkwink:

<facepalm>

OMG a healthy pregnant lady who has done this before, what can we find wrong with her !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->