Birth control before Lupron for ivf

tlm

Reaction score
Hi! I was just wondering if your doctor had you use some form of birth control before starting Lupron. I will start my Lupron a week from this coming thursday and my doctor didn't say anything about not bding or using condoms leading up to it. We are using the Lupron to downreg the cycle before stimming. What do you think? Maybe we should not bd for the next few days?

My 1st IVF I did use bcp's before starting Lupron. As far as bd'ing, we weren't told not to.

I am not on bcp, my doctor doesn't use them as part of his protocol. But I am worried about what the Lupron could do if I am pregnant... Although, I think there is virtually NO probability that I will be pregnant before ivf! Lol! We can hope though!

Yeah, every re is different. My new re doesn't use Lupron. What cd are you on?

I am cd11 today, will have my u/s this Thursday and then start Lupron next week!

hey i used bcp both times before lupron and i am on bcp now even though im not down regging.... the bcp just ensures no cysts, etc and if your clinic operates on a "Schedule" and has certain days they do ivf they can control the cycle with bcp... some REs dont use it. Just depends on what the clinic has been successful with. My last two cycles I started bcP on cd3 and this time they told me to start cd1...which i dont know why... it may have something to do with the fact i didnt need cd3 bloodwork since i just had it less than 2 months ago. I would say use condoms if you are concerned. When do you start stims? Do you have a date for ER yet?

I asked my re a couple of weeks ago about doing a pregnancy test before Lupron and he said they would but he didn't say anything about not having sex leading up to it... We bd today and now I am worried about it! Since I haven't started my period yet I don't know exactly when stimming will begin. In a perfect world I would get AF two weeks from this Thursday, we would start stimming August 19/20 and have ER on September 1 and ET on September 6th. But that could all change depending on when AF shows up! I hope she is on time or early!!

What has been your experience with AF after Lupron? Late??

Hi there - What is the clinic that doesn't use Lupron? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->