Birth Control Pill Miscarriage?

Booksmart

Me and my OH
Reaction score
Hi Ladies hope you are all having a good day, I just have a concern and am hoping to find some advice.

I have been on oral birth control for the past four years or so, and my OH and I always use condoms as well because we just aren't ready for a baby yet. About two and a half weeks ago in a condom broke, and neither of us realized it until we were finished. Although I have been pretty good about remembering to take the pill, I will admit I missed a couple within the past month (I did take one right away after our mishap). So flash foward a little over two weeks later and I'm due to have my AF. Although it did come (a few days late), it has been MUCH heavier than normal and there have been several clumps (and one larger one). I've also had some mild cramps which is not uncommon for me.

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into my current situation. I had no symptoms of pregnancy prior to my AF so I don't really know what to think. Has anyone had anything similar happen or do you just have an opinion?

Hmm I'm not sure hun I'm on the mini-pill and now and again I wonder this but could the extra blood be because you missed a couple of pills? I've heard you get extra bleeding from pill-withdrawal sometimes? If you're concerned perhaps you should see ur doc. Best wishes :)

I worried about being on the pill and miscarrying if we did get pregnant without realising... It COULD just be something completely unrelated, eg that your body padded out your womb a bit more than usual for some reason, if you are concerned I agree it might be worth checking in with your doc. Even just to put your mind at rest.

You could do a pregnancy test? It should still show up positive even if you are mid-miscarrying.

xxx

I did a little research on the web and I think it's just a little extra as you had mentioned earlier nightkd. I don't think I am going to test, after passing the clots my AF has pretty much stopped. Besides I would have only been at about 2.5 weeks, too early to test. Thanks for helping put my mind at ease girls. :)

Also, cute hair nightkd :)

No problem, I always get really paranoid about things like this so know totally where you're coming from! xx

I had the same sort of symptoms one cycle and went to the doc. He did a blood test to see if I was/had been pregnant, but it turns out I wasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->