birth control pills and short luteal?

cc1181

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am terrified.. I recently came off birth control in December and I started using the clearblue ovulation predictor which showed that i was ovulating in early January.. However.. AF came 7 days after ovulation!!! I thought.. okay.. this is just the birth control, but it happened again this month!!! 7 DAYS!!!!!! I used to be really regular and now I'm terrified that my body is messed up. I'm so upset by this.

I do take supplements that have 50mg of Vit B6, but I started taking an additional 100mg today to see if that helps. Anyone else have this experience???? Please help.

Hi, I know how you feel! I've read in so many places that the bcp is out of your body pretty much straight away but I don't understand how that's true as it's definitely messed up my cycles.

When we were TTC with my first, my cycles ranged anywhere between about 28-36x days. I came off bcp 4 months ago to TTC No.2 & whilst I've had regular cycles, the first 3x of them were 22x day cycles, with AF arriving for 10/11x days. I'm hoping that I'm turning a corner now because my last cycle was 24x days. Going on how long AF is, it looks like I've now got a short leutal phase. I'm just hoping that if I am ovulating (I'm holding off from testing & temping at the moment & trying to not stress), it's long enough to get a sticky bean.

I'm going to give it another couple of months & if no luck & my leutal phase doesn't continue to increase, I'm going to pop along to see my G.P.

Sorry I can't help but I just wanted to say that you're not on your own. I hope your leutal phase increases too & that you don't have to wait too long for it to happen!

Thanks for responding Holpop.. I'm 34 (35 in a week) and I've been on bc for about 10 years now.. I was regular prior to going on bc so I didn't think it would be an issue. I'm obsessing about trying to figure this out. I'm wondering if my progesterone is low due to the bc.. Thanks for letting me know that your cycles increased in days.. maybe mine will too..

Good luck to you!!!

bcp totally ruined me :( I was on and off (mostly on) for 10years, I even went on the pill cuz I used to have very heavy very painful periods, once I came off for ttc though, AF was light and short (meaning uterine lining is thin) and my LP would be around 9-10 days. I suffered this for a year and a half before the Drs finally gave me progesterone to try which worked like an absolute charm to extend my LP (but didn't help me sustain a pregnancy yet)

So it can be that it's just affected you badly :( i did try 100mg of vit b6 which helped me by a couple of days on my LP though so i hope it helps you ! my god those tablets make me want to vomit though, they taste so bad !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->