Birth of Baby Georgia 6/7/11

aileymouse

Mummy to Amber & Georgia
Reaction score
I went to see the midwife that morning at 8 days overdue and I had a sweep. she said I was 2-3cm dilated already and and very soft and stretchy.
So I wnet home, did some housework and went for a walk.

Stated getting pains a bit later but nothing really regular or what felt like tightenings/contractions. I just hurt.

At 7ish I thought maybe it was time to start timing the pains and they were coming every 6 minutes. So I rang the hospital to let them know and they said to come in when they were 4 mins apart and lasting longer. I was sat on my birthing ball when I got up I felt like and elastic band had snapped in my bum, which I'm assuming was baby dropping, Contractions started getting stronger then so I rang MIL to come over to look after my daughter, when she got here contractions were 3-4 mins apart and lasting 30-40 seconds so we made our way to hospital.

Got to hospital at 8.30pm examined at 9pm and was 5cm dilated.

Got in the pool then, but after a while I got a bit hot and baby was getting a bit stressed out, so I got out and on to the bed. Was just breathing through the contractions but they started getting more painful so I had some gas and air and it felt good this time round. Really quite effective.

Waters broke at 10.50pm and she had pooped! So they bought a paedatrician and the resuscitaire (sp) in just incase. They'd cleaned up the bed and I got back on and was in the kneeling position. It felt really effective when it came to pushing.

Got the urge to push at 11pm and the midwife said just go with it, she never examined me. I didn't feel the ring of fire so bad this time!

Baby Georgia was born at 11.29pm. Weighing 7lb 13oz

Delivered the placenta naturally after only 15 mins. That felt good and was surprised at how easy it was.

No tears, grazes, nothing. Feel great! Not like I only just had a baby.

Had to stay in hospital for 24 hour obs cos of the meconium, but she is perfect and feeding and farting well. :haha::thumbup:

Awesome ailey! Sounds like a really great experience.

congratulations!! glad everything's ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->