Birth of Baby Joshua born 16.5.09, 10 days overdue

Smiler

Reaction score
Well, finally my little man made it into this world. Born 10 days late and weighing in at 6lb 7oz.

Having had a sweep at 41 weeks, i started getting niggling aches and pains. Finally a few days later contractions seemed to hit very suddenly during the afternoon and by the evening i couldnt really bare it much longer so contacted the labour ward. Was advised to wait until contractions were 3 mins apart before coming in as at that time they were ranging from 3 to 6 mins apart. An hour later, we hit 3 mins apart so off we went. Got to the desk and my waters ruptured. Was in agony and therefore very surprised to hear i was only 2cm dilated!!! Was told to go home!! My answer was "MAKE ME!" :hissy: I know midwives are there to make things go smoothly, make light of things, make you feel ok, but my first midwife i saw did not seem to take me seriously when i was telling her where my pains were etc. She wrote notes about me being a poor coper!!, too noisy for low risk unit, etc!!!

A long night followed and half way through i was allocated another midwife. Nearly 11 hours later and i had only dilated another 1cm. I had tried soaking in bath, was upset as could not mobilise much as contractions were on top of each other and very painful. I was finally allowed gas and air when the day midwife came on duty. Finally someone listened to me and identified that Joshua had turned and was back to back and upon monitoring they found he was in distress. Doctors were called and i was prodded and poked and final ounce of dignity quickly removed from me and it was found that he was also stuck! Within what seemed like seconds, i was in a gown, signing a form, my husband was in blues and we were off to theatre. Finally, by emergency c-section Joshua was born at 08:59 hours on 16th May 2009.

All seemed good, until he produced bile and was admitted to neo natal unit. he was allowed home after a couple of days in there, but then i was readmitted with infection in the wound!! I was in for a further week!!!

So not the easiest start to motherhood, but he makes it all worth while. :happydance:

congrats on the birth of your wee guy. sorry you were poorly. i hope you are better now and enjoying mummyhood.

Christine
X

:happydance:

many big congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww, sorry to hear you and your lil man got poorly, hope you are both better now.
Big Congrats Hunny xox

Huge congraulations hun :hugs:

xxx

aww, sorry it wasn't so straight forward but glad you're both home safe and sound :) Congratulations xx

omg i cant belive u get sent home when contractions are so close :?

congrats :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->