Birth of baby Tobias - 28/07/10

Spiderspinz

Reaction score
A bit late I have been moving house and not had time to go on the net...

We have just got a new place and I was just doing some last minute decorating I got into my new bed to wait for a plumber to arrive and when I woke up my belly felt tight I dint think much of it and after the plumber went at about 10am I went on glossing started to get more aches and pains a bit like period pains but didn't think much of it and they gradually got worse I eventually went back to where I'm living at the moment (just down the road) I had a bath and the pains were coming every 7 or 8 minutes so I thought It hurt to stand so was sat on the floor I rang the maternity unit and she told the midwife on the line she told me I should stay at home until she heard me having closer contractions they where about 3 or 4 mins together so she told me to come in straight away

my partner arrived and we went to the hospital at around 5pm along with my mum and was shown to a room which was surprisingly massive there was even a kitchen not what I expected. It was about 30 mins before I was examined by a very snooty midwife I told her the pain wasn't too bad and she was like "well it might be better if you went back home" until she examined me and told my partner to "get a vest and babygrow out" because I was 7cm dilated lol

I was given a birthing ball which my mother enjoyed more than me (lol) and a mat I sat crouched on the mat in pain and kept running back on forth to the toilet I was that nervous i tried the gas and air and it made me sick and that when the second nicer midwife came in after about about 2 hour I was examined again by her and I was 9cm and 30 mins later 10 and then It was time to push

I had the two midwifes with me at this point and my mum and partner at either side I had no pain relief at all at this point I asked for some but it was too late pushing was hard the pain was unbearable and no matter how hard I pushed it wasn't working eventually I managed to push babys head down but he was stuck so the head midwife asked my permission to be cut to which I agreed I didnt feel anything but the needle going in, still I was finding it hard to push the midwifes started to mention meconium being present and kept looking at the clock talking about a c section at this point my mum told me to push shes never serious and the way she said this gave me the strength for on final push and I saw my baby's little head pop out and then his body he was given to me straight away and is the double of his daddy so beautiful ill never forget his first cry

I was given and given a injection to make my womb contract and one to deliver placenta then I was stitched up and then I stayed in hospital for 3 days because baby hadn't pooded after birth which is a good job because 3 days later I went for a drink in the kitchen and when I came back to the ward I started bleeding all over the floor and collapsed it was awful I woke up surrounded by consultants and had a blood transfusion and more needles than I care to remember I went home after 6 days I felt poorly for a while after that but it was all worth it for my little chunk

:baby: Tobias Thomas Elliot Scott

29/07/10

Attachments

• chunk.jpg
    chunk.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 21
  • chunk2.jpg
    chunk2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 16
  • chunk3.jpg
    chunk3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 19
  • chunk4.jpg
    chunk4.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 16
Sounds like you did brilliantly, pain relief-free birth stories like this are great to hear. X

Made me cry :cry: I hate the fact that the first midwife was horrbile to you, it should never happen :nope: Thank god your 2nd midwife was nice.

Your boy is gorgeous :kiss::kiss:

He is adorable, congrats and well done.

He's so cute, you must be so proud xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g