Birth Of Hollie-Louise born Xmas Eve!!

zoe87

Im a new mammy!
Reaction score
Really cannot believe I have made it this far to where im posting my birth story on this forum. After havin 2 previous late miscarriages I never thought this day would come.

My baby girl was due on the 17th December and the 17th came and went and I was so fed up. I kept getting niggly pains and kept thinking is this it but then nothing ever become of it.
My midwife came out to do a sweep on the 23rd of Dec and explained to me how they only work on 40% of women and can take up to 48 hours. So i thought trust me ile be the 60% of women who it wont work on.
She did the sweep at 2 o clock that afternoon and was happy as i was 2cm already and fully effaced I was quite taken back by this as she explained this meant my cervix was fully ready.

At about 10 that night i started getting a few pains nothing regular and it was more uncomfortable then anything else. I got in the bath and went to bed.
I awoke at 2:15 and went downstairs to make a cuppa when this pain came over me that made me bend over i remember thinking oh god this is it so i went upstairs to wake OH up and phoned the hospital.

I arrived at the hospital at 3:50 where i was getting contractions every 5 mins they examined me and i was 3cm....i thought oh crikey im going to be here all day :rofl:
Soon after my contractions were coming every 2-3 mins....Gas and air wasnt doing that much so id asked for something stronger. the midwife said yes but that id have to be examined again so she did and said 'sorry your 10 cm this baby is coming now'! (this was an hour later from arriving at the hospital)
So on just gas and air i kept pushing and the pain in my back was agony it was like knives been stabbed into my back, 2 hours later at 6:48am my little girl Hollie Louise was born!

I had to be stitched inside and out as she came out with her hand on her face and i was there for over an hour as they tried to stop the bleeding as i Haemorriged. Luckily I didnt need a transfusion.
Well worth all the pain! :happydance:

https://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/zoeminns87/DSC0000028.jpg

Awh, what a little cutie! Congratulations!

Sarah.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->