Birth Of Jack Bradley. 7 weeks premature.

Gabrielle

Mum of 2! Pg with # 3!
Reaction score
Okay so here it goes. It's rather long but I'll try and sum it up fast. lol

So this pregnancy had been very hard and long like all my others. I've dealt with kidney stones to infection, to hyperemesis, placenta previas, incompent cervix, ptl, bedrest, and a heart problem of my own. I had never gotten past 34weeks......had my first baby at 34 weeks and my second at 30 weeks.

With this pregnancy I was put on bedrest at 19 weeks due to being dialated and contracting. It was rough and I was on meds every 4 hours to prevent Jack from entering the world. I was in and out of the hospital with all kinda of problems. But he was doing well and hanging in there.

So lets see......it all started early Sunday July 19th. I had woken up with tons of pelvic pressure and terrible cramps. I decided to drink lots and rest and hoped for it to all stop. I was 33 weeks and 6 days and SO excitied to get to 34 weeks.

Well two hours later I was noticing contractions coming every 10mins......so i called the doctor that was on call. She called me back and I told her what i was feeling, my history of ptl, etc. She felt that i was okay to stay at home b/c at this point they would do nothing to stop my labor....and so to come in if they get stronger.......i found this odd b/c my doctor didnt want me contracting at home so early and also b/c i have a year old csection scarr..but i listened to her and stayed home.

Well i still felt like crap and by 2pm I told hubby we had to go in. So we drove to the hospital and all we brought was the camera...just in case.

I got there and was put on the montior and asked a million questions. They could see i was contracting about every 6 minutes and they were fairly strong. We also could see that Baby Jack heartrate had kept dropping during a contraction, which meant fetal distress. The doctor came in and it was a new one on call...and she seemed very sweet. Well she had asked if i was leaking any fluid or bleeding etc. I told her i felt wet alot of times for the last week but was told by a doctor that i wasn't leaking fluid. Well she did the paper test as well as the fern test. the paper turned dark blue like it does when fluid is present. She then waited about 15mintues for the fern test. She came back in and said that my membranes were for sure ruptured and we of course don't know how long they have been. She seemed pretty worried and we talked and she said that Jack needed to come soon.

So.....they came in and shaved me, took off my clothes and got me all prepped for the surgery. THey said it would be about an hour till then but 5mintues later they came in and said time to go. I got nervous b/c i've been through this already but also i knew baby Jack was early once again and it broke my heart b/c i wanted to make it alot futher.

I got my spinal and it was okay, other then he kept hitting nerve endings which was so painful. They laid me down and brought my hubby in and started the csection. I felt okay, cried with tears and soon enough Jack entered the world.....at 18.28. He came out blue and was rushed over to the Neonatal nurses and had to be bagged for a few minutes. Then i finally heard a cry and of course i was balling. They weighed him and got a weight of 6lbs 6oz! he was HUGE!!!! Well I've had Gestational diabetes for a few months but never knew it and it should have been controlled by insulin which i was going to start on Monday. Well now it sounds good that he was big but really they said its not a good thing and it causes many problems with their lungs, blood sugars, and juandice.

He went off to the NICU and daddy went with. I was then sent to recovery room. I felt fine just nauseated.

Well Finally i got to meet Jack for the first time a few hours later. He had looked so cute but he was in an incubator with two iv's hooked up an on oxygen and cpap to help him breathe. The said his sugars were very low so were giving him meds for that.

I dont want o keep going on and on b/c i could write a book ,but basically now 3 days later, he's on oxygen, under a light for jaundice, getting iv antibotics to fight an infection due to my waters being broken, and getting tube feedings every three hours. He's doing really well and improving fast. he currently weighs 5lbs and 4 oz and Ive gotten to hold him a few times. They say he will be there for at least two weeks...:( I'm okay with that and i see my little fighter getting stronger everyday! He will do wonderful and tonight is my first night without him and it's so hard and i can't wait for him to arrive home! Hope you enjoyed my birth story.....have lots to share but this is it for now.!!!!:):hugs:

Here's a few pics of my little Jack.:)

Attachments

• DSCN1778.JPG
    DSCN1778.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN1699.JPG
    DSCN1699.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN1784.JPG
    DSCN1784.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN1696.JPG
    DSCN1696.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN1713.JPG
    DSCN1713.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 39
few more...

Attachments

• DSCN1709.JPG
    DSCN1709.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN1771.JPG
    DSCN1771.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN1773.JPG
    DSCN1773.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 46
Just looking at TigerLady's journal and saw that you just had your own little one!

CONGRATULATIONS!

That is one crazy birth story, but so amazing and Jack is GORGEOUS!!! I hope that he gets to come home soon! I bet it's torture to have to spend the night away from him! But as big and as healthy as he is, I can't imagine it will be long! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear more updates!

CONGRATULATIONS again on your beautiful baby boy!

Congratulations, he is lovely, you must be very proud of him.
Leaving your baby in hospital is the hardest thing to do, I did it with my 4th, but I recon your little man will be home in no time and keeping you up all night!!!

congratulations hun! i really hope he gets to come home with you soon. x

Huge Congrats - Hope hes home soon!!!!!!!

:blue:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations!!! Well done on making it this far!

He is absolutely gorgeous hun - congratulations! hope you get to take him home very soon :hugs:

Congratulations hon, he's gorgeous. He'll be home before you know it xxx

Congratulations, he's lovely :)

Sorry he's still in hospital, we're in a similar boat (we had similar problems with the delivery - fetal distress and an emergency section) ... it really sucks :cry: so if you want to talk just PM me. Hopefully we'll be with our new babies, at home, really soon :hugs:

congratulations hun he's gorgeous xx

Congratulations, hope Jack is coming home very soon!! x

Congratulations! He'll be home before you know it! x

He was born on my birthday :happydance: a great day to be born, congrats once again :happydance:

:dust::dust:he is so beautiful!!! I had my little boy at 29 weeks he weighted 3lbs and was in hospital for just over 2 months! he was 3 on the 6th of march :D xxx :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->