Birth of Lexi Paige 31st Aug

lewela152

Reaction score
Hello Ladies

Sorry if my birth story is a bit vague, I think i'm still in shock.

Tuesday 30th August i went to the hospital for my appointment with consultant who told me they we're going to induce me on 1st Sept due to baby not growing too well inside me anymore. She checked to see if i was favourable for induction and told me she could've quite easily broke my waters there and then. She didn't elaborate on if i was dilating but did say she didn't think i'd make it to the induction date. She noticed i was having alot of tightenings while she was having a feel of my belly so she sent me to maternity ward for ctg monitoring. While i was hooked up to the machine the midwife kept wincing in pain every time i had a contraction and asked me if i could feel them, to which i replied yeah a little bit but they're not painful. Anyway got sent home after being on the machine for an hour.
Me and my mum decided to head of into town to see if we could help things along a bit. Was nothing too strenuous just a nice stroll. Got a few last minute bits for baby then went back home. All the time i was having contractions but not regular or painful.
Later on that evening i decided to get in a nice hot bath just to relax. Hubby gate-crashed my "me" time and we talked alot about our impending induction. He wasn't happy about the need for induction as he's a firm believer in "not messing around with mother nature". He suggested maybe we :sex: to see if we could encourage her out the natural way, so we DTD. Immediately after i had 1 single contraction that took my breath away.......then nothing. I went back to getting the irregular painless ones i'd been having all day.
Well, by 2am on Weds 31st Aug contractions were every 15mins apart but still not too painful. I found sitting on the toilet the best position for me. S for the next hour and half i was on and off the loo every 15mins. About
4.15am i started getting a bit vocal and was was going "ow ow ow" through each contraction. After a few contractions like that, hubby decided it would be best if we went downstairs before i woke our son up. (He's still in a cot in our room). So it was a quick trip to the loo again, i grabbed my bag from the bedroom and literally threw it down the stairs. By the time i got downstairs i needed the loo again (still "ow ow ow-ing through contractions). I sat down on loo and "pop" my waters went!! Hubby got straight on the phone to maternity, an ambulance and midwife we're on their way. I put my hand "down there" to check the cord hadn't come first (was told it was a possibility as i had alot of fluid) and low and behold i could feel a head. So i shouted to hubby who was relaying to midwife. She said to get me off toilet quick. So there i was laid out on the toilet floor, i pushed once and her head came out. At this point poor hubby had to step up to the mark. The cord was wrapped round her neck twice which hubby sorted out before he'd even finished telling the midwife about it. While talking to the midwife over the phone he delivered our beautiful baby girl after 2 more pushes. Lexi Paige was born on 31st August at 5.10am weighing 6lb7oz. The ambulance turned up 10mins later followed by my mum (she'd come to look after my other children while i went to hospital) followed by the midwife. All of them were totally gobsmacked when they came in to see me holding our baby girl. We were taken to hospital where Lexi had to stay in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit until Tues 6th Sept as she needed oxygen and antibiotics as she'd swallowed an awful lot of meconium.

Both me and hubby are still in a state of shock i think, poor hubby more so than me. He's never been down "that end" when i've given birth lol. Although credit where it's due, when push come to shove he totally stepped up to the mark and dealt with the situation in an unbeliveably calm manner.

Omg i can't believe this turned into an essay!! Thank you for reading my story and well done if you made it to the end, here i go waffling on again!

Anyway, here are a few pics of our beautiful daughter Lexi Paige.

In her incubator.
https://i52.tinypic.com/2crrp8n.jpg

In hospital crib.
https://i56.tinypic.com/mm4yae.jpg

At home asleep.
https://i53.tinypic.com/11jqelu.jpg

At home awake.
https://i52.tinypic.com/2nuss3q.jpg

Wow what an amazing birth story! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! :hugs:

Congrats!!! Poor hubby, but that's fantastic he was able to deliver her on your floor! I'd be in shock too.

Aww she is beautiful!! huge congratulations and welldone to your DH xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->