Birth of our gorgeous Girl - Zoe Madison aka Kokos

Lilly123

Mommy to Zoe & Lily
Reaction score
Well where do I start... this event was so amazing and special.

We conceived Zoe via IVF / ICSI as we had fertility issues and hence could not fall preggies naturally.. after 18 months ttc our prayers were answered after 4 unsuccessful IUIs and our 1st successful IVF / ICSI. To say we were ecstatic is an understatement.. it was a dream come true and I remember that day as one of the happiest days of my life when the clinic called with the blood results to say I was pregnant. The pregnancy itself was not easy but I must say I LOVED being pregnant.. it really is a true blessing and privilege to experience.:cloud9: cant wait to be pregnant again.. but that will have to wait a bit.. and since we need IVF it may be a long journey as well or this could also be our last pregnancy if we cant conceive again which makes me sad.. but.. i am blessed to have been given this gift which I will cherish forever and if we cant have any more babies then that is something I will have to accept.

So lets get back to the birth story... I was due to be induced on 30 March 2010 at 6.30am due to gestational diabetes... day before my due date.. at 2am on 30 March, I started get sharp pains that woke me up altho I was struggling to sleep.. since I never had a contraction I did not know what it was but guessed this must be it and when I started timing them they were about 10 minutes apart and 40 seconds long. After 30 minutes of this I woke up DH and said I think I am in labour.. we stayed home, tried to sleep but contractions got more painful and 5 minutes apart... at 6.30am decided to go into the hospital where they hooked me up to monitors and contractions were nice and strong and baby heartbeat was good.. the bad news is I was only 1cm dilated :nope: so they decided to induce me with cytotec to open cervix and get things moving .. so i never escaped my induction completely.. but starting naturally certainly helped i think.. by 1pm I was in a lot of pain and asked for an epidural.. they gave me a walking epidural where I still felt pain and pressure but was definitely much less....they then gave me syntocin to make contractions stronger as things were progressing too slowly at 2pm and then my waters broke at about 4pm with a loud pop and a gush.. there was meconium in waters but they said baby was fine just maybe a bit stressed but heartbeat stayed strong and consistent... i was just lying on the bed in pain now and contractions were coming hard and fast about a minute or 2 apart... by 6pm i was exhausted and at about 7pm i wanted to push.. the last stage lasted about 2 hours and for me was the hardest.. the pain was excruciating.. i was shaking like a leaf all over and was very nauseous.. I thought I was going to die..:haha: Ikept remembering people telling me when u think u cant do it anymore you are close.. so I kept on....DH was my rock the whole way thru and I really could not have done this without him.... he stood by me the whole time, encouraging me and holding my hand.. wetting my face with a wet cloth...what an amazing man! Midwife was showing DH Zoe's head as she moved out and I could here them saying she is coming out but I did not care.. I just wanted to get her out.. I almost wanted them to get a vacuum and suck her out I was that desperate...

I think I must have been pushing for about 2 hours and wanted to give up on many occasions as i was so tired, sore and just frustrated... I pushed so hard.. like making a poo.. I even made a poo...I really thought baby was coming out my bum and pushing this way helped.. I was in a sitting position on bed with the lower section lowered... eventually at 8.48pm Zoe popped out and when I saw her come out.. it was like I was watching a movie and I was not in the room - almost like an out of body experience... it was so surreal.. and they put her straight on my chest and she started suckling....the labour did not end there cause the placenta would not come out so they had to give me more syntocin and I had to experience more contractions and more pain.. after about and hour after delivery of Zoe I pushed the placenta out.. doctors were stressed cause they thought they would have to go in and remove it.. but i pushed with all my might and it came out.. i was determined to not have any more pain... I only had a slight tear so they stitched me up.. that was also painful as i was not numb down there and anaesthetic did not work.. but at that point i gave up and just dealt with the pain.. I must be honest and say the 1st night I felt a bit separate to her.. not that I did not love her.. just that she was not mine and that this was all a dream..that I did not just experience this surreal experience.. i was also soo exhausted after a 19 hour labour that when I got to my room I fell asleep... she roomed in with me and I woke to feed her in the night...and it all felt very natural.. by day 2 I knew she was mine.. I knew who I was again and who she was... I felt part of her... and her part of me...

The birth experience has changed me.. I think about the labour and birth often now and often cry my eyes out.. more because of what a special moment in my life it was.. I also cry my eyes out for the end of the pregnancy which I cherished but mostly.. I cry because I have a daughter and I love her more than words can express... I would highly recommend a natural birth to anyone.. even tho I had a epidural I felt all the pain.. all the pushing.... and the reward at the end is emotionally incredible, and will leave me positively emotionally touched FOREVER! I would do it all tomorrow if I could! Thank you to the powers that be for this opportunity.. something I will never forget...

So thats it.. I cant remember exact times that things happened in the labour as I was like in a trance and another zone... but I remember every moment vividly...so yes it was painful.. but u forget the pain.. having zoe surpasses the pain... like i said i would do it all again tomorrow...

Thank you Zoe for coming into our lives! Mom and Dad love you more than words can say! :hugs::hugs:

:cry:

Oh darling you did it. It is a life altering experience and I'm so glad you have felt it touch you in such a good way. :hug:

I've loved sharing this journey with you, my dearest bumpy buddy and look forward to watching you both grow and grow.

Much love always. L xx

Awww, yep! It is an amazing experience and the most wonderful thing in the world! Well Done!

Congratulations again, and Loadsa Love to you all, your family of three!

Congratulations again hon, I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to see more photos of the gorgeous Zoe! :cloud9: Time to start your parenting journal when you have a spare minute! :dance:

Huge congratulations sweetheart, I am so glad everything went well and you feel you had such a positive experience. It was lovely to read and really heartfelt :cloud9:

Your little lady is beautiful :hugs:

xxx

that story made me cry! well done you did amazing!

Hunny im in tears, what an amazing birth story. Congratulations again.

omg hun what an amazing story ive got tears in my eyes and your daughter is gorgeous

congrats again to you and your hubby :hug::hugs:xxxxx

Beautiful birth story. Well done! :thumbup:

beautiful story, congratulations on Zoe's birth!

Huge congrats hun - you did so well and Zoe is lovely! :hugs:

Congratulations on the birth of your wonderful, beautiful little girl. Its amazing how much love we can feel for those tiny little people isn't it? Even now, I sometimes feel my heart can't possibly hold all the love I have for G. Its sounds like you did amazingly well and I am so pleased that its been a positive experience for you.

Welcome to the world little Zoe, your mummy & daddy love you more than you can possibly know :cloud9:

:cry: Ohhhh Lilly... Im so happy for you!!!!

Thanks for sharing you story and thank you for letting me be apart of your wonderful journey!!!

I cant wait to watch Zoe growing up from afar!! xxx

Congratulations hunni she is gorgeous xxx

:cry: what an amazing birth story hun - made me cry. It truly is an amazing experience - and it has only just begun! can't wait to share your parenting journal with you. Zoe is beautiful - you must be so proud. :hugs2:

Thank you for sharing your birth story with us.....I am moved and touched by your experience :cry:. Congratulations xo

Wow, what a wonderful birth story! Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous daughter! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->