Birth of Ruby Belle Burnett -short story with pics!

tammii1981

New mummy to Ruby Belle
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I wanted to let everyone know, i had my little baby girl Ruby Belle Burnett, on May 25th at 4.10am by emergency C Section, weighting 7lb 9oz.

It was a long experience.....my waters broke on saturday May 22nd, the day she was due at about 10pm. i went into hospital only to be told that i could go home but if i got any strong pains, to come in again, which meant at least i could get some sleep.

I went home and not much happened again until pains started coming on sunday May 23rd in the afternoon.
i went back into hospital that evening and stayed in the antenatal ward. they had decided that as my waters had gone, they would induce me on Monday 24th May morning if i had nto progressed on my own on sunday evening.

Nothing happened much, apart from irregular mild pains, and so by monday afternoon, i was down in the delivery ward ready to meet my baby!
I was induced with an Oxytocin drip, after finding out i still had my forewaters intact, which were broken for me.
The pains that came on immediately with the drip were horrific. So intense and strong straight away.

i managed for half an hour on my own before trying out gaas and air, which is awesome by the way! I was using the gas for about 3 or 4 hours....i remember saying to my OH that i kept seeing dancing sweets....seriously recommend the stuff!

After 4 hours, i decided to have an epidural, which was fantastic. It ended up not working slightly on my RHS but had it topped up so was ok in the end!
After about 3 hours they checked me and after all the hard work and pain over the last couple days i hadnt even dilated to 1cm so was told that if in the next couple of hours i hadnt made any progress i would be going in for a C Section. The baby was fine and happy, so that was ok, but as my waters had gone they were concerned about leaving me. plus i was unbelievaly exhausted after not having slept in 3 days...

they arrived 2 hours later to examine me and i was only half a cm dilated, so decided i would have a c section....not ideal, but i was just happy to be able to meet my little girl finally. however the paediatrician decided to leave me abouther 3 hours to let nature take its course. I was so miserable and just wanted her out....it was 2am by this point on tuesday 25th May morning.
After topping me up again, they left me for only 1 and half hours, checked me again, i was nearly 2cm, but not far along enough that they could wait for anymore time, so i finally was wheeled into theatre, and after 5 mins, met my beautiful little girl....no problems at all, she was so happy as soon as she was out, crying as she left my tummy...

i was taken into recovery then onto the ward where i was able to hold my little girl for the first time. She is the most beautiful thing i have ever seen and is the most contented baby ive ever known!

I got back home a week ago nnow, and she is settling in so well!

i just want to say thankyou for all the help on this website from all you ladies, and i wish you all good luck in your labours and happiness with your new little ones! xx

Attachments

• card pic 2.jpg
    card pic 2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 16
  • cardi ruby belle.jpg
    cardi ruby belle.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 15
  • cutey.jpg
    cutey.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 12
  • gorgeous girl.jpg
    gorgeous girl.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 10
omg what a long process! She is SO beautiful, congrats to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->