birth plan

luckyme225

Reaction score
I found this website as I was looking up how to go about making a birth plan and what I should put on it and I ran across this site. You just fill in the bubbles and it formats everything for you!! Thought I would share it with you girls as it gave me a good idea of what I wanted and needed on my birth plan for delivery!!

https://www.childbirth.org/interactive/ibirthplan.html

Thats neat, I have been wanting to make my birth plan, I am bringing it up at my next doctors appointment on the 18th so that I know when I will get to do one at the hospital.

My MW didn't do one with me basically told me no point lol I was quite worried because this was my first baby and I knew no info on things - A small look online helped all I did was make sure my OH knew the simple things we/I wanted and bingo - Once in there I just wanted drugs sod everything else :rofl:

My MW didn't do one with me basically told me no point lol I was quite worried because this was my first baby and I knew no info on things - A small look online helped all I did was make sure my OH knew the simple things we/I wanted and bingo - Once in there I just wanted drugs sod everything else :rofl:

Thats how i was as well :rofl: Unfortunately - everything i wanted went right out the window. Just make sure that even though you have a birth plan - that you are prepared incase things dont turn out like you planned. My birth sure as heck didnt go as planned:rofl:

I wanted the least light in room - I hate bright rooms when I had long labour and she opened the curtains I bloody growled at her! She might have had her bloody sleep and just came on shift but we'd not lol

I wanted my socks left on all of the time I was there LMAO!! < I made sure he knew that incase I was out of it lol I hate people near my feet other than OH :blush:

I didn't want the epi unless nessasary <<<<< IT WAS :rofl: I recall OH chuckling "knew you would".

Made sure they knew I didn't want to see the placenta and OH was to cut cord and baby to be cleaned a little & wrapped cozy before placing her onto me (it was a minute of their time I didn't notice tbh).

The nurse said that the epi rate at my hospital is about 80-90% ... so that doesn't give me much hope haha!

I was drugged up during my birth so i dont remember too much (i had pre-eclampsia and a variation of hellp syndrome - rough 3rd tri lol). But the epi was AWESOME (my epi. dr was NOT LOL). I honestly dont remember what i all i wanted but i do remember that i wanted him cleaned up before they laid him on me as well. Thats the only thing i can remember, really.. OH and i didnt want a catheter but well i had to have one bc i had to be on magnesium *Sigh*

Btw- i didnt get to wear socks! No fair ! LOL

i got a birth plan to fill in in my pregnancy notes from nhs. didnt fill it in till i was 36weeks plus

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->