Birth Pool for homebirth - where from?

Noodlejuice

Mum to 3, expecting #4!
Reaction score
I'm set on a waterbirth (one of my main reasons for wanting to have this bubs at home), but wondered if anyone could advise as to where to get birthing pools from/best options to go for etc (in the UK)?

Thanks ladies,

xxx

I decided to use a blow up kiddie pool instead of a pool advertised specifically for homebirth. They are about 1/4 of the price, if not less. You just have to try and get one that is deep enough and an inflatable bottom is great for extra comfort.

Are you looking for any pool that will do or a pool designed for homebirth? that will make a difference in your search.

My labours tend to be a little unpredictable; I'm slow to start and then all of a sudden it's babytime! So I was thinking having a specific birthing pool with the option to keep it heated for a short while would be good, as it could look like I'm getting close but actually take a little longer than expected!

I'm thinking; do people usually hire or buy? And there are so many companies; does anyone have any words of wisdom about who's good to go for?

I'm going to watch this thread with interest as I'd like to know too

Here is a link I found for birthing pools, I hope it helps some. There seems to be some good info on there, especially under the quicklinks to the left of the page and is specific to the UK. I think you would have to google places that rent them and look at prices to consider if it is personally better for you to rent or buy.

https://www.birthpoolinabox.co.uk/

Thanks for that tattooedmama, I'll take a peek. I've done some research online, was just wondering if any UK ladies had any personal recommendations from their experience as there seem to be so many options?

I hired a birth pool in a box, one of the hospital grade ones, they can be used 20 times. Was £80 for 5 weeks hire, and the girl Emma is so lovely! They courier it out, then arrange a courier to collect after use. Their website is https://www.waterbabybirthingpoolhire.co.uk/

Looking at her site, it looks as though she's also selling second hand ones now too!!!

My midwife has offered me a birth pool, apparently the hospital have one they can hire out. Don't know whether this is usual practice or cos she is a friend too, but my be worth asking your MW

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->