Birth story- I have the most precious person in my life.

amina8620

Reaction score
Firstly i want to say i have spent my entire pregnancy talking with you ladies and have totally enjoyed the experience, i learnt a lot about many things including my tax credits haha :thumbup: and i would defiantly miss the support i had esp when OH wasn’t always there.

Squishy (name for him when i was going through hard labour), arrived at : 10.57 am on 21st July 2010.

I was due on the 11th so decided thats it and went for DTD with OH which literally broke my waters on the Monday night 1am then i held around the house but to be honest hadn’t got much pain just a kind of air filled sensation in my stomach and when they say u know i knew that its defiantly labour. i was getting these regularly at 5 mins apart and midwife said stay at home and keep checking for brown discharge just incase of infection. i carried on the night with these tightening which were defiantly squashing my bottom and down there was hurting, still water kept pouring out. i was already feeling drained because it wasn’t the gush i wanted and it was quite slow and tiring. At 11am Tuesday morning i met the midwife who somehow thought i hadn’t lost water but when i showed her she was convinced, it really peed me of. she also said the monitor wasn’t showing contractions. How the hell did they work that one out so i demanded to see the doctor who felt my stomach and said u are defiantly contracting. he assured me to go home and by 1 am i would defiantly be going into labour I was frustrated that my waters were still going and nobody was taking me seriously esp when they decided that it would be 36 hours after if they would induce me but i was always told u shouldn’t go further than 24 hours if your waters had gone. i hated being so aware and reading books but that wasn’t happening in real life. I carried on at home the pain got intense at home it was defiantly something i had experienced in my periods i had a condition where i would get such bad contracting pains but I hadn’t felt this pain for a 9 months i had forgot the pain. i got to the hospital and was 3-4 cm dilated. i demanded gas and air baby was lying on the side not even back to back. Then I wanted an epidural, things called down for me at around 9pm and I was checked again at 11 pm but only 4-5 cm dilated I ha a lovely nurse who kept saying not long to go little did I know I was getting checked from there every two hours only being dilated by 1cm each time, I was gutted at this, the epidural started to wear of an I kept having the lovely nurse top it up. In the end I was told I could wait till 8 am in the morning then if no avail it would be a caesarean, baby heartbeat dipped every time with a contraction for some reason it wouldn’t come back up unless I drank water.. And that’s really true didn’t know how that helped him. They were worried and decided to check his head for oxygen but it came out fine .i kept drinking water it really helped him, then they reeled me in at 8am for an emergency caesarean it was to much the pain was really bad, as the epidural was turned of they wanted to put another type of drug in to my back I started to think this is enough because keeping still for the epidural was hard enough now I had to go through this pain with being 9.5 cm, I really hated being checked with no pain relief as they thought they will try a ventose delivery. With no progress they cut me and my little Yousuf was born. The surgeon made the decision that he was not pushing through because it was too little space for him and therefore it he would have never come out unless they didn’t do a caesarean. I did feel very depressed for a week but I am healing now and feeling myself again I think I am going through post natal depression and I will seek help but I feel I went through a birthing experience that I never thought I would go through.i keep thinking and always thought I would lose him somehow things would go wrong and I would lose him but no matter what I feel I’m pleased and overjoyed with him.

Congratulations, enjoy your little man

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->